Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/25/2002 2:43:45 PM EDT
Is there such a thing as a receiver that comes less forward assist and no ejection port cover?
Link Posted: 11/25/2002 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#1]
DPMS "Lo-Pro"
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 3:01:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought I saw one the other day. Is there a good reason to have such a configuration? Any pros or cons?
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 6:01:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Its an extruded upper and stronger without the forward assist or ejection port cover. Do you really need either of those items?? If I am moving around with my DPMS, the bolt is closed. If it didn't close when I released it, an assist is not going to cure the problem.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 11:04:44 AM EDT
[#4]
No there is no good reason to have one other than its cheap.  It would be a fine upper for an inexpensive plinking upper, a poor one for a duty weapon.

BTW even though it lacks the door & forward assist the upper weighs more than a standard flattop because the walls are thicker.
Link Posted: 11/26/2002 2:18:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies.
I have a BM A2 style with a 24" 1/9.
I wanted to do some bench rest & target/varment shooting with.I all ready own a duty rifle. I am going to swap out the A2 for a flat top receiver something I can scope. The rifle is not going to be a duty rifle,(yet?)
But I noticed the one I saw looks real funny with out the cover and Forward assist.
I thought for sure ther had to be a reason for it?

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top