Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/27/2006 10:08:38 AM EDT
Curious how many people on here have an ARMS 40L that doesnt sit upright on the rail. You may not even know it if you have zeroed your rifle in. mine doesnt but it shoots straight because i have extra windage dialed in.

If it's canted left you will have extra windage dialed up to the right.

If it's canted right you will have extra windage dialed up to the left.

So my unscientific survey is asking this... WHEN YOU HAVE YOUR FOLDING SIGHT IN THE DOWN/STOWED POSITION, IS YOUR WINDAGE INDICATOR MARK LEFT OR RIGHT OF THE CENTER INDEX MARK.  (not is it canted left or right)
sound off...

PLEASE NO POSTS ABOUT MILSPEC/NONMILSPEC.... WHO'S FAULT IT IS IF IT DOESNT SIT STRAIGHT OR IS CANTED..... ABOUT HOW WONDERFUL ARMS IS...... ETC.

I DONT CARE ABOUT BLAME. START YOUR OWN THREAD FOR THAT
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:07:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I have 2 ARMS #40s.  Both sit straight up.  One is on a Fulton Armory Flattop, the other a CMT flattop upper from G&R Tactical.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:16:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Mine lone #40 seems to sit straight, I have windage adjusted for on it, but thats because my FSP is a bit canted(I can never put those fuckers on straight)
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 11:17:57 AM EDT
[#3]
I think mine zeroed one or two witness marks to the right of center.

WIZZO

EDIT: Mine is an ARMS #40, not "L"
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:18:34 PM EDT
[#4]
#40l on rra upper= center
#40 on bushmaster upper =center
#40 on rra upper = center
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:54:03 PM EDT
[#5]
wow with 3 of these im amazed you dont have one click of windage dialed in on any of them. i havent seen anyone with a fixed A2 not have to dial in any windage, let alone with an add on aftermarket BUIS.... no windage correction needed what so ever and having the index mark perfect center???? especially on 3 weapons???? you sir should play the lotto for you are a lucky man or fudging a little have

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:16:30 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
wow with 3 of these im amazed you dont have one click of windage dialed in on any of them. i havent seen anyone with a fixed A2 not have to dial in any windage, let alone with an add on aftermarket BUIS.... no windage correction needed what so ever and having the index mark perfect center???? especially on 3 weapons???? you sir should play the lotto for you are a lucky man or fudging a little

just curious, if you own any scopes, did you have to sight those in either or did they shoot point of aim point of impact at the center positions for elevation and windage?

Quoted:

none are canted and are center give or take a few clicks. none required excessive windage to cry about. i own plenty of scopes and all required adjustments but some less than other. i did have a troy sight that was dead on when installed and required no adjustments front or back.

i have only had one that required excessive windage adjustment but it was a canted front sight and all it took was a few good love taps and it was dead on too.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:18:24 PM EDT
[#7]
yea im just wondering which direction off the center mark they are. thought it was a simple question.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:22:26 PM EDT
[#8]
All irons with few exceptions will need a click or two one way or the other. What are you hoping to prove? Now if you wanted to ask who has a actual canted sight, or maybe who has a sight that needed say...more than 5-7 clicks to zero, that would be a good question.

BTW- if you want to sell it, I'm in the market....
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:24:19 PM EDT
[#9]
40L-SP, Colt upper, not canted.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:27:13 PM EDT
[#10]
if i knew what i was looking for i wouldnt be asking would i???

curious thats all, got something against me asking questions?

you can leave my thread now and start your own if you want to ask about canted sights (some people might not know if they have a canted sight, excessive windage adjustment is a good sign your BUIS is off, although it can be a bent barrel or canted FSB)

im just asking which direction your windage is set and by how much, then looking for any patterns based on receivers.

if i knew all the answers buddy i wouldnt be asking. h=85%

Quoted:
All irons with few exceptions will need a click or two one way or the other. What are you hoping to prove? Now if you wanted to ask who has a actual canted sight, or maybe who has a sight that needed say...more than 5-7 clicks to zero, that would be a good question.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:28:51 PM EDT
[#11]
hey wasnt asking if it was canted RE READ THE QUESTION. was asking what direction your windage is adjusted in relation to the index mark. i.e LEFT OR RIGHT.

WHY ARE PEOPLE HAVING TROUBLE JUST SAYING LEFT OR RIGHT

Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:29:51 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
hey wasnt asking if it was canted RE READ THE QUESTION. was asking what direction your windage is adjusted in relation to the index mark. i.e LEFT OR RIGHT.

WHY ARE PEOPLE HAVING TROUBLE JUST SAYING LEFT OR RIGHT

Quoted:

3 clicks left

Why does it matter?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:29:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:30:28 PM EDT
[#14]
thanks, any common direction?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:36:36 PM EDT
[#15]
never noticed a common direction. either/or

the front sight and barrel torque usually plays a big role in which direction the rear sight needs to be adjusted.

10-100 this is the internet and people are just chiming in on your thread. just as you can start a thread others can reply. take it easy no one out there intentionally knocking you or what you use just opinionating what they know.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#16]
nevermind, not worth the time
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:20:50 PM EDT
[#17]
keep on moving then, i dont get you bro, it takes 4 keystrokes to type "left" and 5 to type "right" and instead you type over 30 writing what you did and then say its not worth your time??? h=85%

Quoted:
nevermind, not worth the time

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:30:58 PM EDT
[#18]
well "bro" I was just asking a question myself, because as YOUR question stands it's pretty stupid because ALL iron sights will need a click or two, so I was trying to figure out exactly what you were trying to get at which really is that "arms sucks".

Anyways, you then said you were just curious which is just fine, I was just trying to let you know that your question doesn't really prove anything one way or the other. Like already posted, you better get used to people chiming in whether you like it or not.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:42:23 PM EDT
[#19]
i dont thnk arms sucks at all. i have other stuff from them on order. whats your deal??? im trying to see if theres certain combinations of uppers and arms sights that have problems.

i dont get what the problem is with this website, its like a bunch of kids who dont let you ask stuff.

i ask a simple fucking question, and expect a LEFT or RIGHT. instead i get a bunch of yahooos telling me their life story and that i shouldnt be asking questions like this.  its my fucking thread and ill ask what i want. if you dont like that move on....

you guys need to get out more and have something other than the internet as your damn playground, its crazy how sick you come off trying to tell me what i cant and cant ask.

its almost like religous fanaticism against me asking a question about ARMS sights, do you guys work for them or something??  do you get free shit when you try and blow off someone who asks something about their products???? whats the deal... come clean...
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:55:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:58:54 PM EDT
[#21]

I was trying to figure out exactly what you were trying to get at

That's all. That's "my thing".

Oh yeah, I like the ARMS 40, but for anything else I'd pick LaRue, so I'm far from an ARMS fanatic. And believe me, my meager paycheck does NOT come from ARMS. And I didn't tell you what you can or cannot ask, I was giving a suggestion so your question could be more clear.

And one more thing I just saw your other thread about this, what are you like 14 or so? Are you going to call me a "cunt" and start crying about the mean internet bullies that hijack your thread? While sad, this thread is pretty entertaining at least.

(since you like bold letters so much)
This is the thing, you can't come on here and just ask for a 'left' or 'right' you are going to get opinions, experiences and such whether you want them or not. Get used to it and stop being a little crybaby.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:03:10 PM EDT
[#22]
what do you do when your internet goes down?? suicide ??? dude get out more. theres more to life than jumping on people for asking questions. i made it clear in the first post that i dont want a bunch of shit about arms being cool or not cool, just a left or right. if you cant read then you got bigger issues than this.

i just dont get you fuckers at all. like if i was on here asking about a certain kind of ammo causing a kaboom in a certain brand of upper/barrel. and trying to get combinations that cause problems what would be the big deal with that.

the damn thread topic even says unscientific poll

fuckers like you are the reason this website it a joke these days. im trying to get to the bottom of something and you act like i just called your mom a cunt.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:08:10 PM EDT
[#23]
I jumped on you?!?! Wow...time to get a thicker skin, I even offered to buy your sight from you...I thought I was being nice.
And BTW I get out plenty, I'm just on the computer suppossedly getting a report done!...

Post Number :: 41

FL, USA

fuckers like you are the reason this website it a joke these days

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#24]
i dont want to sell my arms sight though dude. its on my gun and its staying there. i dont have a problem with arms either. their sight does what it is supposed to do. i dont get why me asking something about arms get equated into something negative.

reality is that there are a shitload of people making things for the ar15 platform. reality is not all things are gonna fit each other perfect and some combinations of things will work better than others. all im trying to do is find out what worked best for people so i can make better decisions.

finish your report. carry on.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:18:37 PM EDT
[#25]
I wish I had the pic but......."Arguing on the internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you win you're still retarded".  

If you ask a question on here anyone can answer. You have to learn to figure out which ones are useful and which aren't and deal with it. Oh yeah, and getting pissy about what or how someone replies isn't going to do anything productive either.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:19:02 PM EDT
[#26]
And thats fine, I was just trying to get some clarification of what you were trying to find out further than just left or right. Thats ALL.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:21:08 PM EDT
[#27]
In honor of yet another new poster that wants everything to go his way.

10-100 quit being a belegerant ass and take the time to read around the site and dont your panties in a wad when you dont like a response.  Its just the internet and getting in a pissing match here will be a waste of time.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:21:16 PM EDT
[#28]
what does my post count have to do with anything?? that makes me wrong and you right or something??? dude you need to get out, this is the internet man.... theres a world out there your missing.

so to give yourself some bullshit credebility you post whore on other peoples threads to try and make yourself seem important??

if this place is the best thing you got going on in life i feel bad for ya.

ive been around for years. when i have some questions i sign up and ask what i need. then i shut my mouth and read and learn and run quiet for awhile. when some shit comes up i sign up and ask what i need again.  each time i come back this place gets shitier.

Quoted:
I jumped on you?!?! Wow...time to get a thicker skin, I even offered to buy your sight from you...I thought I was being nice.
And BTW I get out plenty, I'm just on the computer suppossedly getting a report done!...

Post Number :: 41

FL, USA

fuckers like you are the reason this website it a joke these days

hr
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:26:14 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

fuckers like you are the reason this website it a joke these days.

That is pretty funny from someone who just joined the site in February of 2006.

I have 3 Arms #40 sights but I refuse to answer your question because of your combative nature.

Bob
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:26:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Whatever "dude"
Post count doesn't matter worth a shit. whats funny is you talk about the good old days but you registered this month.

Ask a question, ignore what you don't like. If someone asks for more info/clarification consider giving it rather than acting like you have been.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:33:25 PM EDT
[#31]
yea i registered again yesterday or the day before when i had some shit to ask.

people get stupider each time i register.

tell you what, next time i register, like 6 months or a year or whatever ill ya with the new name so you can keep track of me. unlike some of you dorks i got better things to do worry about keeping the same name and racking up a post count. couldnt care less what handle i go by or what my post count is. i come here when i have shit i need to ask that i cant gleam from just reading existing posts.

people like you drive people off. way to help the cause

Quoted:
Whatever "dude"
Post count doesn't matter worth a shit. whats funny is you talk about the good old days but you registered this month.

Ask a question, ignore what you don't like. If someone asks for more info/clarification consider giving it rather than acting like you have been.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:35:35 PM EDT
[#32]
then dont answer it sweetheart. its not going to fuck my nite up. again yea read the above the post, i joined again yesterday. i would get a paid membership if it werent for fucks like you. i always reregister when i have shit to ask and remembering my username and password just aint real high up on my list of shit to do this year so pardon me if i reregister again later this year when im tweaking out my next ar. believe it or not some people have lives other than web forums and a username and password isnt what the world revolves around. i like my guns, i shoot them. i dont sit my ass on here writing about them, i use them.

if you think a post count or a early register date gives you a big internet cock then more power to ya.

Quoted:

Quoted:

fuckers like you are the reason this website it a joke these days.

That is pretty funny from someone who just joined the site in February of 2006.

I have 3 Arms #40 sights but I refuse to answer your question because of your combative nature.

Bob

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:38:25 PM EDT
[#33]
FYI- we're pretty much just egging you on so you get banned now.

And yes, I get all my self worth from my post count, because you see, I must have a big internet cock because in real life mine is tiny.

ETA: if you want to know the reason this site is going down, take a long look in the mirror.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:41:22 PM EDT
[#34]
you dont get it man. im not an internet idiot like you. my world will go on if i get banned. it aint an issue. i register when i have shit to ask and i learn what i can from reading.

if your idea of power is to egg a guy on to get him banned them in right about you needing a life out of arf.com

i was very clear in my opening post about what i expected to go on in this thread, you guys crossed that line and opened the can of worms, not me. get a life, internet power aint power man.

Quoted:
FYI- we're pretty much just egging you on so you get banned now.
hr
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:43:08 PM EDT
[#35]
naw, I'm just bored now really, not a power issue. Did you learn what you wanted to?

And you keep insulting my life but you have no clue about it. Pretty ignorant wouldn't you say?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:43:58 PM EDT
[#36]
That is where you miss the point you cant expect anything to go on.  

You take what you get and filter thru the result and further define the question if necessary.

You dont need to become beligerant instantly.  Just talk it out thru the post.  Which is what would be going on here if not for your attitude

You just appear to be hypersensitive to how people respond and you are coming off wrong.  If the end result is you want a question answered you are going about it the wrong way.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:45:41 PM EDT
[#37]
did its like pulling teeth around here to find some shit out.

i gotta run to walmart. you guys better not go talking a bunch of shit just cause i left.

can you let my topic get back on topic and people just say.....   yea i have an arms 40.... its five clicks left or right on an X brand upper....

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:46:29 PM EDT
[#38]
and ill keep my mouth shut which was the plan originally
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:52:31 PM EDT
[#39]
I don't have an ARMS...sorry

ETA: I do support your right to keep and bear ARMS however.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:58:28 PM EDT
[#40]
I have an ARMS BUIS I duct taped on and it was dead on.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:00:33 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

i gotta run to walmart. you guys better not go talking a bunch of shit just cause i left.

can you let my topic get back on topic and people just say.....   yea i have an arms 40.... its five clicks left or right on an X brand upper....

Did you have to give your mom back some of your allowance to drive you to Walmart?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:01:53 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you have to give your mom back some of your allowance to drive you to Walmart?

Nah, she probably let him use the station wagon as long as he put gas in it and picked her up some smokes.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:04:44 PM EDT
[#43]
c'mon guys, he asked nicely that we not talk shit while he was gone.....
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:11:06 PM EDT
[#44]
You wished to know all about my grandfather. Well, he is nearly 93 years
old; he dresses himself in an ancient black frock coat, usually minus several
buttons; yet he still thinks as swiftly as ever. A long flowing beard clings to
his chin giving those who observe him a pronounced feeling of the utmost
respect. When he speaks, his voice is just a bit cracked and quivers a trifle.
Twice each day he plays skillfully and with zest upon our small organ.
Except in winter when the ooze of snow or ice is present, he slowly takes a
short walk each day. We have often urged him to walk more and smoke less,
but he always answers, “Banana oil!”  Grandfather likes to be modern in his
language.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 5:14:47 PM EDT
[#45]
useless
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top