Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2006 6:00:47 PM EDT
I bought an 18 inch RR varminter last week. It shoots really well but I think it may be too damn heavy. Should I sell the upper or have it turned down? It shoots sub moa! Is it a pain in the butt and cost effective to have it turned down? I really don't know if I should spend lots of money on an SPR barrel that may not be any more accurite?
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 7:15:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Contact Steve at Adco Firearms. I sent my midlength to him to have it turned. It turned out great. An 18 inch varmint barrel is going to be heavy. Not the type of gun I would want to carry very far. You might want to just sell that barrel and have a new, lighter one installed. My midlength is a few years old. There werent many middies on the market when I had mine done
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 2:29:28 PM EDT
[#2]
use a sling.  or carry around a heavier weapon, then the 18" will seem like a toy.  youll get used to it, heavier rifles shoot much better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top