Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/23/2004 4:10:49 PM EST
What does it take? I've seen a number of posts about 80% receivers and think it would be a pretty cool thing to really make my own AR.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:21:11 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/23/2004 4:21:37 PM EST by Him]
I think you have some reading to do.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:26:54 PM EST

Originally Posted By Him:
I think you have some reading to do.

A big +1
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:33:54 PM EST
Here is a good site for first time builders and the tools/equipment that you'll need.
Good Luck, It's a joy when you get to fire the first shot down a home built!!!
Builders Squad
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:07:52 PM EST
Thanks for the "hit" there 6ppc to my BUILDERS SQUAD web-site. I like to think that the site has at least been of some small use to at least a small group of people over the last couple of years.

In spite of my site having been "hijacked", very early-on, by those nice folks over at concealcarry.org, the original site has still managed to log over 25K visits and over 100K individual "page views" in the last couple of years. I've no earthly idea how many hits the "mirror" site at concealcarry.org has registered, but I'm sure that their "hit count" is even higher than mine.

I suppose that I really should to go back and redo some of the content in the BUILDERS SQUAD site now that the AWB has done gone and went and to also add some new info about how to "successfully" anodize those cast lower receivers and to just generaly bring the site up-to-date. I know, for instance, that some of the old "links" are no longer "hot".

BUT, I've been pretty busy lately with a few "new" projects like the one below.

All good . . . . . . Doug . . . . .
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 7:34:22 AM EST
Thanks for all the links guys.

One question, on the second page of the Builders Squad Project, there's a link to "the infamous 'Where to index off of?" posting. That link doesn't appeart o be accurate anymore, the target site has changed. Any idea what the new link is?

One other question. If you had made your own receiver before 9/13/94, with no markings at all, how could you have proven, in the following 10 year dark age, that it was infact a "pre-ban" or is that just a matter of innocent until proven guilty?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 8:55:05 AM EST
try

www.byogun.com

or

www.footpounds.com

they have pretty good instructions also on 80% completion..
Top Top