Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/18/2006 6:07:13 PM EDT
Hey fellas didnt know where i should post this so hope this is the right place.  Just got the troy folding battle sight and i seem to have a problem adjusting the sight for windage.  it looks like there is a ball dent at the six oclock position of the windage knob.  I have depressed it and it does not want to budge.  any advice?  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/19/2006 4:53:11 AM EDT
[#1]
try using a punch, depress the detent and spin at the same time.

there is an optics forum which would be a much better place for this post.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 3:49:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Those buggers are pretty stiff initially.

I have used a bullet tip, but can imagine the punch method - like eklike suggested - is a good idea.

Link Posted: 1/21/2006 4:09:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Those buggers are pretty stiff initially.

I have used a bullet tip, but can imagine the punch method - like eklike suggested - is a good idea.

They are stiff......I can't get mine to budge using a bullet tip.....can't get the detent pushed down far enough with it. I use a little torx bit to push the detent down but anything small enough to get in there should work. The thing to note here is that you really have to get that detent down and out of the way before the wheel will move and even then it will be a bit stiff. It's kind of a PITA, but the benefit of the design is that once your windage is set, you can be assured that it won't move until you move it.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top