Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2004 2:28:42 PM EDT
Well after a ton of deliberation, I finally bought one, and it showed up today. I love the thing...except for one thing. You cant see the tritium in pitch black conditions. When I bought it, I had the retailer check with the supplier to make sure this is a revised tripower. They assured me it was. But now I am noticing a few things and am not so sure. So the question is: My serial is 0011XX. Does anyone know when the revised models are supposed to have started? Or, if you have a revised model, could you let me know the ball-park serial # so I can get an idea of when this was produced? Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 3:52:28 PM EDT
[#1]
mine is #1180 received about 2 weeks ago. You know that you will need to be in the dark, and it may take your eyes a few minutes to adjust. The tritium is rather dim compared to battery or fiber optic power, but will suffice. It takes my eyes about 4 or 5 minutes to adjust. YMMV
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:00:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks...it's just that my reflex II seems to be about 4x brighter in the same conditions. mybe it is just me. Do you know if yours is a revised model?
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:43:21 PM EDT
[#3]
I sent in my original for the 'red glare' revision, and they replaced it with a brand new one.
this one has no red glare, or bluish tint to the lenses. I would have to say those issues are resolved.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 5:24:09 PM EDT
[#4]
maybe the lack of blue tint is what I'm noticing. The tint definitely makes the amber dot stand out on the reflex. hmmph....guess, I'll just have to play with it for awhile. Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine is 00112X and was made in July 2004 according to Trijicon and has the upgrades. If you have any questions just give them a ring or email them at [email protected]. They are most happy to help.

I really like this sight.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top