Member Login
Posted: 1/18/2006 2:07:36 AM EDT
who makes a good single stage trigger?
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 4:44:51 AM EDT
chip mccormick
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:24:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By eddienyr:
who makes a good single stage trigger?

I have had experince with the Accuracy Speaks trigger and the JP units. Both are good, the JP with their supplied springs will give you the lightest trigger pull but some people have ignition problems with some surplus ammo. The JP also uses set screws so there is a possiblity that it could come out of adjustment. This is not likely if it is fitted and lock-tited properly, but it is possible.

The Accuracy Speaks unit has no set screws and gives a very nice trigger pull with the slightly lighter springs Brownells sells. This is the unit I picked for my current rifle, a 16" mid length. I like the idea that with no set screws nothing will ever come out of adjustment, no matter how much I shoot it.

My next rifle will be a precision rifle wich will see much less shooting, I plan on putting the JP unit in it for the best (defined as lightest) possible trigger.

I have no experience with the McCormick unit and so I cannot xcomment on it.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 8:02:24 AM EDT

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:
chip mccormick

+1
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 9:09:01 AM EDT

Originally Posted By EvilBert:
Both are good, the JP with their supplied springs will give you the lightest trigger pull...

+1 for the JP!

It takes a little work to install, but I'm very satisfied with mine (5 to be precise). I've installed closer to 15 of these triggers and, if done as instructed, you should have no problems with the trigger.
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 11:59:39 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Tempest45:

Originally Posted By eklikwhoa:
chip mccormick

+1

+2
Top Top