Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 5:38:42 PM EDT
On my new middy the trigger pin walks out during rapid fire. Ordered a new national match pin from rock river still does the same thing. Am I doing something wrong?Thanks in advance.
-sigadvantage-
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:41:06 PM EDT
[#1]
make sure the notches in the pins are being held by the hammer spring. there are notches in the pins which should be on the right side of the lower when looking into the lower with barrel pointed away from you

the hammer spring legs hold the trigger pin and the j-spring which is installed inside the hammer is what holds the hammer spring
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:40:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:30:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks teknic order sent.
-sigadvantage-
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:54:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Olympic arms also sells pins that have a head on one side and an "e" clip on the other side.  They work well and if i remember correctly, they were like $7.00
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:02:42 PM EDT
[#5]
It's usually not the pins , it will be the retaining wire in the hammer, for the hammer  or the hammer spring for the trigger These are what sit in the grooves on the pin. Clean in side the hole of the hammer  .  If that doesn't work a new hammer  will be the only fix. you should feel a click when you slide in the pin. If the trigger, check alignment of the hammer spring on the trigger pin, should be sitting in the grooves of the pin. If everything looks ok, replace the hammer spring.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:24:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Easy fix.  Put blue Lock-tight on the outside surface on both sides.  Wait one minute and wipe off excess.
Pin will not rotate or come out.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top