Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/21/2008 9:37:50 PM EDT
I am just wondering if anyone has ever modified their hammer or trigger to make the pull weight lighter, without dropping a bunch of money on a timmney unit?  How would a guy go about doing something like his.

thanks for any insight
Borbski
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 11:07:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Unfortunatly, AR trigger jobs are a pain in the rear, you will usually just end up ruining either or both your trigger and hammer, that's why everyone just puts out the cash for a good set.  I have personally ruined at least 10-15 triggers and hammers trying to do this, until I was taught by an "old school" AR smith.  Even now, some come out real nice and some do not.  It's all done by filing and polishing the angles on the engagement surfaces and bending the springs to reduce the trigger and hammer tensions.  I would just spend the $100 bucks on a good trigger and be done with it, or buy three or four sets of stock triggers, hammers and springs and try it yourself.  Good luck!
Link Posted: 11/22/2008 8:19:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Check out Bill Springfield.  Everyone I know that has one of his trigger jobs loves them.  I think they run for about $30-$50 so they are pretty affordable.  There was a discussion about Bill and his triggers here not too long ago. you might try doing a search
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top