Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/24/2006 3:10:33 PM EDT
I remember reading in these posts a while ago about some 15 minute trigger job, something that consisted of, if I remember correctly, bending the springs on the hammer or something like that. The trigger on my Bushmaster, which I've had for a couple months now and has had well over a thousand rounds put through it seems to have an exsessively stiff trigger and I was looking for a way to lighten/smooth it up some cheaply before I take the plunge and buy a whole new trigger. So does anyone have tips to smooth out/ lighten up the trigger?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:36:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I have done the 15 min trigger job to my AR-15.  It helped considerably.  Just do a google search for it and you will find how it's done.  
You cut one leg off the hammer spring and bend the trigger return spring legs up to reduce the pull weight.  You then put fine lapping compound on the trigger and hammer mating surfaces to polish them.  If you have 1,000 rounds on your lower already you probably don't need to do this.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 4:52:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I did a search for it and came up short. Any ideas on where to find out how to do it?
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 6:12:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 1:24:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Not to knock anyone as they are offering the low cost option as requested but I bought a set of JP trigger springs ($12), can of moly-fortified lithium grease ($2.25 - 1lb.), and 600-grit sandpaper ($3.00?).  Lightly polished trigger sear-surface with sandpaper, installed springs, grease up bearing trgiger hammer pin and sear/disconnector surfaces - 4.5lb smooth pull.  Best, safest, and cheapest trigger job for a field weapon.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top