Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/7/2003 9:07:45 PM EDT
Can you recommend a training video in the tactical use of the AR-15 rifle or carbine. Cost of Formal training is kinda prohibitive
here.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 10:43:22 PM EDT
[#1]
I ordered these 2 the other day I'l let ya know how they are once I get and watch them

[url]http://www.gunvideo.com/pgroup_details.php?pgroupid=868[/url]

[url]http://www.gunvideo.com/pgroup_details.php?pgroupid=869[/url]
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 6:16:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Can you recommend a training video in the tactical use of the AR-15 rifle or carbine. Cost of Formal training is kinda prohibitive
here.
View Quote

It is expensive but brother is it worth it. I spend my vacations going to Blackwater and I love every second of it. Nothing improves you like good hands on instruction taught by serious pros who know their stuff.

Course the instructors never bother with me much, as I tend to be one of the best shooters in the class. And if I am not when the class starts, I make DARN SURE I am when the class is finished...
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 1:23:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I just picked up Kelly McCann's Tactical Carbine tapes a week or two ago and I am very impressed. Good solid info, and he has a use for inner tube that I had not seen before (but now use on my own AR.)

I'm afraid that I can't say the same for the "Mastering The AR-15" or Gunsite's "Tactical Carbine" tapes.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 4:22:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Hi John Wayne!! You are very fortunate to be able to spend most of your vacation at blackwater!!How much is the average course cost? I gues you are very proficient with your ARs, I hope you don't mind , Am just curious how many and what kinds of ARs do you already own and consider to be the best?
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 9:01:27 AM EDT
[#5]
The only video I’ve seen on AR training is the Gunsite’s “Tactical Carbine”, and I pretty much agree with [b]Dianabol[/b] that it doesn’t amount to much.

While books, not videos, let me highly recommended “Some of the Answer: Urban Carbine” by Jim Crews ([url]www.marksmans.com/[/url]) and “The Tactical Rifle” by Gabriel Suarez.

Blackwater website: [url]www.blackwaterusa.com/[/url]

[b]John_Wayne777[/b]: note that [b]sunga_sy [/b] is apparently in the Philippines!!
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 9:40:27 AM EDT
[#6]
"The Tactical Rifle" by Gabriel Suarez is indeed worth reading.

I forgot all about "Some of the Answer", I was always gonna pick up a copy but never did. Thanks for reminding me, 199.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top