Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2009 3:13:23 AM EST
So after extensive reading and studying and some questions answered here by you wonderful people, I have finally decided on the barrel I'm going to get for my new build.
It's a Wilson Arms 16" M4 barrel coming from Del-Ton....
Now I've read a bit on the whole chrome lining thing and I get the purpose, but is it realy worth it????
It's only $45 to add it as an option, so that's not to bad, but what is the actual dissadvantage of not having it? And is there ANY dissadvantage of having a chrome lined barrel?

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 3:38:48 AM EST
Chrome lined: better corrosion resistance, longer life

Non Chrome lined: slightly better accuracy potential (on average).
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 3:57:26 AM EST
When in doubt, go with chrome.

My 2¢
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:12:40 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/5/2009 4:18:21 AM EST by Primos]
$243 for their chrome lined barrel isn't bad, but I think you can find a better chrome lined barrel out there for the same price range or a good bit cheaper. Just my opinion.

edit: Like this one
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 4:44:52 AM EST
well the other one I've been debating on is the YHM fluted one. Their's come chrome lined for $190. The Del-Ton comes with all the other stuff I need though like the barrel nut and gas tube and everything. So I think it was worth it to pay a little more and get everything at once.
That Daniel Deffense is nice at a really good price too though. Hmmmmmm.....
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:07:55 AM EST
[Last Edit: 11/5/2009 5:08:35 AM EST by Primos]
Originally Posted By santo666:
well the other one I've been debating on is the YHM fluted one. Their's come chrome lined for $190. The Del-Ton comes with all the other stuff I need though like the barrel nut and gas tube and everything. So I think it was worth it to pay a little more and get everything at once.
That Daniel Deffense is nice at a really good price too though. Hmmmmmm.....

YHM isn't bad, and they're often a good bang for the buck, but the daniel defense is very likely a better steel, and about $20 cheaper. That difference will pay for your barrel nut and gas tube. The del-ton, are you going to keep the standard sight and handguards, or possibly upgrade in the future?
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 5:16:11 AM EST
I already have a quad rail ready to be put on when i get the barrel. I was just going to order it with the regular ones so I could have an extra set for whatever reason
I was going to order it with the two rail gas block as well since I have my own front sight already.
And I don't want a flash hider on it as I know which one I want to get for that.

Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:19:20 PM EST
+1 for the Daniel Defense barrels. I just bought one a couple weeks ago. The price was right and it had the options that I wanted. I got the chrome lined barrel, with the front site base and front site post already installed, with the handguard cap and barrel nut. It was only $225 if I remember correctly. I couldn't be happier with my purchase.
Link Posted: 11/5/2009 2:24:35 PM EST
that's why I love this site... so many good opinions and actual hands on experience...

you guys have helped my build in a major way
Top Top