Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 7/3/2003 6:48:33 PM EDT
i'm not sure, but i think i remember hearing that pretty much all bushy's have a tight mag-well. anyway, none of my USGI mags drop free (unless they're full). it appears as if the tight spot on mine is the recess where the mag catch bump slides into. i guess what i'm asking is what's the proper way to take care of this? i'd rather fix the gun instead of countless mags, so can i just take a piece of fine sandpaper and massage that groove a little?
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:22:45 PM EDT
you might want to uncrew the mag catch a couple turns, press in on the mag catch button with a screwdriver, or a round until the other end clears the mag well, then unscew it a couple of turns, that should help somewhat in releasing a empty mag. within time the areas in the mag well will wear out where it won't be that hard to insert or drop a mag. I wouldn't go sandpapering the inside of the mag well.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 4:40:33 PM EDT
The Busmasters have a tight mag well compared to the Colts... Usually one or two hits with a good file across the raised area of the mag cures the problem. Okay mags have a nice flat spot on the raised area. Centers seem to have a burr or higher area...
Top Top