Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/3/2003 6:48:33 PM EDT
i'm not sure, but i think i remember hearing that pretty much all bushy's have a tight mag-well.  anyway, none of my USGI mags drop free (unless they're full).  it appears as if the tight spot on mine is the recess where the mag catch bump slides into.  i guess what i'm asking is what's the proper way to take care of this?  i'd rather fix the gun instead of countless mags, so can i just take a piece of fine sandpaper and massage that groove a little?
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:22:45 PM EDT
[#1]
you might want to uncrew the mag catch a couple turns, press in on the mag catch button with a screwdriver, or a round until the other end clears the mag well, then unscew it a couple of turns,  that should help somewhat in releasing a empty mag. within time the areas in the mag well will wear out where it won't be that hard to insert or drop a mag. I wouldn't go sandpapering the inside of the mag well.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 4:40:33 PM EDT
[#2]
The Busmasters have a tight mag well compared to the Colts...

Usually one or two hits with a good file across the raised area of the mag cures the problem. Okay mags have a nice flat spot on the raised area. Centers seem to have a burr or higher area...
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top