Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/19/2005 9:32:42 AM EDT
can someone with both mounts do a comparison of change of zero. ive taken my ta31 on and off many times and it always comes back on target with the ta51 mount that comes with it. just wondering if the mounts with throw levers actually provide that much of an improvement in retaining zero or is there biggest advantage the ability to remove the optics faster.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 9:42:59 AM EDT
[#1]

My TA11 and AR10 would not come close to returning to zero with a TA51 mount.

I switched to Larue and it has returned every time so far.  I have also become quite spoiled by the throw levers.  I'd switch everything to throw levers if I could afford it.

BTW - The Larue ACOG mount is very impressive.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:20:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 6:36:18 PM EDT
[#3]
My TA51 mount holds zero as well when removed and reattached.  I would say the throw levers only main advantage is faster removal time.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 9:52:49 PM EDT
[#4]
my Ta51 would not return to zero, the Larue goes back each and every time and is alot quicker to swap
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 7:42:55 AM EDT
[#5]
My Larue returns to zero exactly.  I have not tried with my TA51 since I heard it would not
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:45:56 AM EDT
[#6]
the larue will along with the 19s i have had both and tried return zero on both with no ill results.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top