Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 9:41:06 AM EDT
sorry about all the noob questions? but the aimpoint i have, i'm seeing three dots. there are small  dots in the lens, one in the front and one in rear and one bright dot(the main dot). if i line up all three dots, its just one dot. is this normal? do i just have it on tooo bright ? i notice the brighter i set it, the brighter those little dots are in the lens. does your aimpoint do this or is it just mine.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:06:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you have astigmatism by chance?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:12:11 AM EDT
[#2]
maybe, i never been diagnosed with it.   but i had my brother look at it and he sees the reflection of the dot in the lens also.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine works beautifully with both eyes open...

if  by some chance I close an eye and look through it like a rifle scope I get a very distorted "dot" But I dont remember seeing 3 dots.....
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:22:48 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the same think occur when I am in a dark room and I turn the setting to the brightest and it seems to have three dots in the sight. Were you outside or inside when you did this?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:33:28 AM EDT
[#5]
yeah i was inside, it was dark cause baby was sleeping. i think that might have been the problem, dark room bright setting. i was just fingerfucking my new toy cause i was exited, couldn't wait till next day.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 10:54:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Lick your eyeballs before you use the Aimpoint and the offending dots will go away.

R.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:34:09 AM EDT
[#7]
it might be the internal beam bouncing from the front to the rear, lower your brightness at dark especially, just my .02.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:36:31 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Lick your eyeballs before you use the Aimpoint and the offending dots will go away.

R.

Nope, didn't work.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:41:15 AM EDT
[#9]
You have an astigmatism.  Try an Aimpoint Comp ML2 or M2, I bet you'll only see one dot.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 11:42:42 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

R.

If he can do that he won't have time to worry about the dots 'cause womenz will be lined up at his door.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 12:45:48 PM EDT
[#11]
but i need to be able to see straight to see what im licking, you have to hit just right spot. and if you cant, no more womenz.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:10:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

R.

If he can do that he won't have time to worry about the dots 'cause womenz will be lined up at his door.

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:02:34 PM EDT
[#13]
If you turn down the setting to a dimmer dot does it still occur? Most red dots I've seen will give ghost reflections at high settings in low light.
Aimpoint addresses the issue in their manual of the dot not looking perfectly round as well.
Turn the scope as you watch the dot, does the distortion move as you spin the scope or does it stay in the same orientation. If the distortion does not follow the rotation it is a function of your vision.
Sorry if that's info overload. h.gif
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top