Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/29/2005 1:40:12 PM EDT
ive got a perm attached mb and i want it off   but i dont want to lose my original ( no mb ) barrel length.    the brake sucks so bad and i hope  i can install a thread on phantom.  has anyone done this?  
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 1:52:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#2]
im sent
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 6:32:46 PM EDT
[#3]
It depends on how it is pinned and welded...  If it is a blind pin I have become fond of the split and pry method and I have cut four off my various uppers now and I have a Buddy that I am going to get his off of soon as he lets me at his!

www.quarterbore.net/forums/showthread.php?t=153

If the break is pressed on or uses pins that you can see odds are good the barrel is not threaded underneath the break.  In that case you need to find a machinist that can chuck your barrel up in a lathe and cut new threads into the barrel.  I have an AR-10 barrel of this latter "non-blind pin" type and I was a little less then happy to discover that my old dremel couldn't do this one for me.

Good luck and have fun...  a dremel a few six packs of bear and you will either have the break off there or you will just need to buy a new barrel....  Just kidding... It is easy to do unless it is one of the pressed on types!
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:22:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:34:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Question for Randall_Rausch moved to my project thread...

please see:  www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=62&t=262752&page=1
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top