Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/16/2009 6:49:03 PM EDT
I don't recall seeing a setup like this as most folks remove the carry handle, but this seems to work just fine, wanted to make sure I wasn't violating any elite best practices

Does it matter how far forward or back on the rail you mount the eotech? Any adv/disadv?

thanks,
jason
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:48:45 PM EDT
[#1]
This is fine and i have seen it alot.

One word of caution, make sure the rails or ROCK solid Free float is nearly required, but I have heard top tier like DD omega and GG&G are good enough for CQB. Its just best to go FF to avoid any problems.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:51:00 PM EDT
[#2]
oh wow.  I just posted a new thread asking basically this just a minute ago.  

Not certain I want to go with a 1x optic as it is a 20" rifle length gun and I figure I should get the most out of those 4" extra inches and see if I can get an optic that goes from magnified to 1x while performing the same job as above.

It is a Knights Armaments rail, so should be GTG there, but it is not free floated.     Does that ruin my fun?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:05:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
This is fine and i have seen it alot.

One word of caution, make sure the rails or ROCK solid Free float is nearly required, but I have heard top tier like DD omega and GG&G are good enough for CQB. Its just best to go FF to avoid any problems.

thanks, that actually is a DD Omega rail I put on there. Rock soild as far as I know..
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:06:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
oh wow.  I just posted a new thread asking basically this just a minute ago.  

Not certain I want to go with a 1x optic as it is a 20" rifle length gun and I figure I should get the most out of those 4" extra inches and see if I can get an optic that goes from magnified to 1x while performing the same job as above.

It is a Knights Armaments rail, so should be GTG there, but it is not free floated.     Does that ruin my fun?

great minds think alike
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top