Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 9/16/2009 5:49:03 PM EST
I don't recall seeing a setup like this as most folks remove the carry handle, but this seems to work just fine, wanted to make sure I wasn't violating any elite best practices

Does it matter how far forward or back on the rail you mount the eotech? Any adv/disadv?

thanks,
jason
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:48:45 PM EST
This is fine and i have seen it alot.

One word of caution, make sure the rails or ROCK solid Free float is nearly required, but I have heard top tier like DD omega and GG&G are good enough for CQB. Its just best to go FF to avoid any problems.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:51:00 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/16/2009 6:52:00 PM EST by DanTSX]
oh wow. I just posted a new thread asking basically this just a minute ago.

Not certain I want to go with a 1x optic as it is a 20" rifle length gun and I figure I should get the most out of those 4" extra inches and see if I can get an optic that goes from magnified to 1x while performing the same job as above.

It is a Knights Armaments rail, so should be GTG there, but it is not free floated. Does that ruin my fun?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:05:45 PM EST
Originally Posted By CWDraco:
This is fine and i have seen it alot.

One word of caution, make sure the rails or ROCK solid Free float is nearly required, but I have heard top tier like DD omega and GG&G are good enough for CQB. Its just best to go FF to avoid any problems.

thanks, that actually is a DD Omega rail I put on there. Rock soild as far as I know..
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:06:08 PM EST
Originally Posted By DanTSX:
oh wow. I just posted a new thread asking basically this just a minute ago.

Not certain I want to go with a 1x optic as it is a 20" rifle length gun and I figure I should get the most out of those 4" extra inches and see if I can get an optic that goes from magnified to 1x while performing the same job as above.

It is a Knights Armaments rail, so should be GTG there, but it is not free floated. Does that ruin my fun?

great minds think alike
Top Top