Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/16/2006 11:41:15 AM EDT
I am going to be entering my first service rifle competition with my stock RRA/oly arms kit gun. Everything on my gun is A2 standard. I was considering putting a two stage trigger as my first upgrade. Would this be the most beneficial upgrade to do first? The gun shoots pretty well, with a scope I can get moa accuracy out of it, I'm still working up a good handload so I don't know exactly how well it will shoot yet. It takes a lot of trigger control to shoot it well now and I think a better trigger would be the best thing to add. Am I right?

I am on a budget, so I need the most trigger for my money. I can't afford a KAC, as I only found them for $300. Also, since I've never shot service rifle before, I don't want to put $300 into something I've never done. I am looking at the White Oak Armament trigger. At $115 it is certainly very attractive and people seem to highly regard their guns. Any others I should be looking at?

Sorry for being so wordy, it's been a long day already.
Nick
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 11:50:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/16/2006 11:50:18 AM EDT by SWO_daddy]
Given your budget, a White Oak Precision-tuned RRA two stage is THE only way to fly.

However, while you are there, order CMP-legal barrel float tube. You will soon find out how badly you need it when you see your point of impact wandering from string to string due to the sling pulling on the barrel.

We use tons of sling tension in this sport to maintain a steady aim, and the AR's GI sling swivel attaches to the front delta ring, which in turn is attached to the barrel.

If you get a good trigger, a good float tube, and good ammo, you will make Expert if you do your part.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 1:22:25 PM EDT
Will the WOA free float tube work with my existing furniture?

Also, what sling do you recommend? I don't have one of those yet either.
Link Posted: 1/16/2006 2:12:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By IANick:
Will the WOA free float tube work with my existing furniture?

Also, what sling do you recommend? I don't have one of those yet either.

You have to grind your handguards inside in a few spots. John or Jeff at WOA can give you the specifics. It isn't much and it isn't hard.

Get this: Sling, Rifle, M1

From here.
Top Top