Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 10/5/2004 2:57:24 AM EST
I think I have narrowed it down between the troy MRF-C or the P4 Predator.......someone talk me into one!!!!!
I like the troy because there is no gap between the top rail and the top of a flat top reciever but some say you should use a "riser" for an EOTech to raise it up enough to get the front iron sight out of the way. The predator looks like it would raise the EOTech up by itself. I need something thats going to stand up to lots of abuse and last a lifetime.
SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:15:53 AM EST
The TROY is a fantastic unit. I've been very happy with mine.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:07:04 AM EST
Ditto for the Troy - a very good unit.

The Predator may raise the EOTech too much (like the SIR). EOTech will work as is on the standard flattop - but many of us find it works a bit better on the LaRue Mount (the only 'mount' that works with the EOTech and allows the sight to still cowitness).
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 6:47:52 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/5/2004 6:48:22 AM EST by mongo001]
+1 for the Troy. I'm STILL waiting for mine to come in, but I've had a Predator and I know there are better systems out there and the Troy is shaping up to be one of the better ones, especially if you don't want to remove your FSB.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:40:00 AM EST
polyak.....that looks AWESOME!!!its pretty much the same set up I want but I am going with the black furnature. I love the troy and the way it has a nice smooth line across the top....where it buts up to the reciever. I just think the mount messes up the smooth lines....why does the mount stick out behind the EOTech?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:50:06 AM EST
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:39:31 PM EST

Originally Posted By USMCSKI:
polyak.....that looks AWESOME!!!its pretty much the same set up I want but I am going with the black furnature. I love the troy and the way it has a nice smooth line across the top....where it buts up to the reciever. I just think the mount messes up the smooth lines....why does the mount stick out behind the EOTech?

Yeah, what Grant said

The Larue mount does fix the issues some have with the Eotech. I'm exremely happy with the Larue mount and where it now positions te window in relation to the irons.

I also agree with you, the continuous rail is sweet
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:46:05 PM EST
Awesome!! thanks for the info guys!!!

polyak....thats the rifle i am going to build.....2 weeks till bushmaster ships my upper to me.....I can hardly wait!!!

C4iGrant.......let me know when you get the MRF-C in stock!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:50:44 PM EST

Originally Posted By USMCSKI:

C4iGrant.......let me know when you get the MRF-C in stock!!!!!

I'm waiting on the MRF-MX, that's the only piece I'm missing for my current project.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:03:33 PM EST
Sorry for the newbie question...

Do all the Troy Handguards allow the upper/lower to pivot fully?
From the pics, it looks like it would bang into the lower...

either way, it looks great! nice ARs!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:32:54 PM EST

Originally Posted By GhostRing:

It doesn't allow for a full 90 degree pivot, probably more like a 75-80 degrees of motion. Well more than enough for any maintenance tasks. I doubt anyone ever uses the full 90 degrees anyway.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:15:29 AM EST
What make and model is the sling?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:59:12 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/6/2004 9:00:11 AM EST by NewbHunter]

Originally Posted By Shelldrake:

It looks like the Troy single point CQB sling to me.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:01:40 PM EST

Originally Posted By GhostRing:

All handguards will hit the lower, the only question is whether they hit at 90 degrees, 45 degrees or somewhere in between. Anything with rails on the bottom will have less room to open than otherwise identical hanguards without rails.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:44:31 PM EST
what kind of collapsable stock is it? what does it do other than standard 2/4/6 position? looks like there's something more.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:05:58 PM EST

Originally Posted By Beyond_Visual_Range:
what kind of collapsable stock is it? what does it do other than standard 2/4/6 position? looks like there's something more.

That is the MagPul M93A modstock. It has 7 positions, is very solid and has a modular design so that it can be upgraded and configured in the future.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:35:27 PM EST

Originally Posted By Shelldrake:

As NewbHunter said, it is the TROY Industries sling.

Originally Posted By Beyond_Visual_Range:

Yup, that's the Magpul stock and it's top notch piece. There is a good description and comparisons for it against the other stocks available here: www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=188153
Top Top