Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/9/2004 4:42:23 PM EDT
I was curious if anyone knew anything about the bushmaster 308.  I read a gun blast review that reported apparantly good accuracy and total raliability.  It is compelling for me as a lefty and as someone who likes cheap reliable mags.  Anyway, I actually handeled one at a gun show.  I wanted to look at it specifically for the purpose of determining how BM overcame the engineering difficulty that turned Armalite away from making the AR-10B to fit the FAL mag.  

When I looked in the barrel extension, I saw that there was still a locking lug at 6 O'clock, but that it was substantially machined smaller than the rest of the lugs.  Its height may have been a little less or about the same as the other lugs, but its depth from the lockig surface to the spine inbetween the feeding ramps was very little.  

Looking at the lugs in my Ar10, I see the dimensions of the 6 O'clock lug are different too, but not that much different.  I guess, as long as the BM hold up, who cares?  

Does anyone have any links or links to threads regarding this topic for the last few months?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 7:02:36 PM EDT
[#1]
You will have better luck one forum down in the AR variant forum.  There are several threads there that might help you.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 11:14:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  

Wouldn't it be better to make this forum the "Ar180 & AR10 (copyright) and AR10 Style Rifles (BM 308, Panther LRR, KAC SR-25 etc.)"

Or maybe we should simply have a "308 AR style Rifle" board.  It would seem to make more sense to keep the 308s seperate from the Ar15s.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:49:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I have 3 AR10s and now that ArmaLite is making new $39 20 round mags, the FAL mags issue is moot.

Also, for about $250.00 to $300.00 more than an ArmaLite, you get a non-chrome barrel and a 1 year (not lifetime) warranty.

The BM .308 compares more to the Eagle Arms AR10........1 year warranty and non-chrome barrel.  The Eagle sells for about $995.  Now you are talking a $500 difference.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:35:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:46:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
...a 1 year (not lifetime) warranty.

This can make a huge difference in the effective price.  My AR10 is on the way back from a massive and free overhaul.  I'll be posting an update in the coming week when it arrives.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:27:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Does anyone have any links or links to threads regarding this topic for the last few months?

Check this out in the Bushmaster Industry Forum:

BAR-10 Range Report
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:30:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Thanks.  

Wouldn't it be better to make this forum the "Ar180 & AR10 (copyright) and AR10 Style Rifles (BM 308, Panther LRR, KAC SR-25 etc.)"

Or maybe we should simply have a "308 AR style Rifle" board.  It would seem to make more sense to keep the 308s seperate from the Ar15s.

That's the way it used to be before the AR Variants forum, but the AR-10 folks didn't want to play with the rest of us.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:56:41 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks.  

That's the way it used to be before the AR Variants forum, but the AR-10 folks got tired of the trolls.

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 3:35:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks.  

That's the way it used to be before the AR Variants forum, but the AR-10 folks got tired of the trolls.

Apparently you made him cry....or he doesn't like the truth.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 9:30:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:41:11 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks.  

Apparently you made him cry....or he doesn't like the truth.

Link Posted: 10/14/2004 1:26:25 PM EDT
[#12]
no one seems to like me. especially after i tell them to take their shitmaster and go home.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 4:27:55 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
no one seems to like me. especially after i tell them to take their shitmaster and go home.

Thats probably why.
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:52:52 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats probably why.

...but it's usually a good start.....
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 8:35:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Fuck 'em if they can't take a joke.

I mean, if you buy a BARF-10, you gotta expect to take some grief.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:02:14 AM EDT
[#16]
'The nut' posted that he was curious about the BARF-10. I started a similar thread a ways back. Seems not a lot of feedback here yet as these are reletively expensive at 1500.00. [I still want one].
Search back here and at the Industry forums under Bushmaster.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:16:31 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
'The nut' posted that he was curious about the BARF-10. I started a similar thread a ways back. Seems not a lot of feedback here yet as these are reletively expensive at 1500.00. [I still want one].
Search back here and at the Industry forums under Bushmaster.

Why do you want to pay $250 more for an unchromed barrel and a 1 year warranty (as compared to a chrome lined barrel and a lifetime warranty with an ArmaLite)?  In fact, the Eagle Arms division of ArmaLite makes an AR10 with an unchromed barrel and a 1 year warranty for about $995.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
In fact, the Eagle Arms division of ArmaLite makes an AR10 with an unchromed barrel and a 1 year warranty for about $995.

Yes, they do.  But, does it:

- Have an ambidextrous mag release?  No.
- Have an ambidextrous bolt catch/release?  No.
- Have an ambidextrous Charging Handle?  No.
- Accept FAL mags at $9 each?  No.
- Have a 3-rail gas block?  No.
- Have an Ace Skeleton stock available as a no-cost option?  No.
- Have a provision for a 1,000 yard BUIS?  No.

The Bushmaster 308 has all of these.

Just some of the reasons why someone might consider the Bushmaster over the ArmaLite.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:38:53 PM EDT
[#19]
The Bushmasters seem to be running well too, if that might be a consideration.

A friend reciently handed me an FAL and said I could give him what ever its worth in return. I cleaned it and shouldered it a couple times and decided to wait. Return it with an acknolegement of his courtesy and save for, probably, a bashmaster. My take on them is favorable. Car or rifle remains a delima.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:46:17 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Car or rifle remains a delima.

I had the same question, but decided on the 16" carbine.

My concerns were:

- Accuracy (experiencing sub-MOA with the 16", so no problem)
- Muzzle flash (with the Vortex mounted, there is absolutely no - ZERO - muzzle falsh - kinda spooky, really)
- Recoil (not a problem with the 16")

Bottom line - no regrets with the 16".

And yes, it does run very well.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:47:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

- Have an ambidextrous mag release?  No.Does any other AR offer this?  In any caliber?
- Have an ambidextrous bolt catch/release?  No.Does any other AR offer this?  In any caliber?
- Have an ambidextrous Charging Handle?  No.Again, what other AR offers this?
- Accept FAL mags at $9 each?  No.Big-fucking-whoopie-do....
- Have a 3-rail gas block?  No.This is important? I'd rather get a rail system and mount my gear somewhere other than the barrel.
- Have an Ace Skeleton stock available as a no-cost option?  No.This is important?  No cost option? For the amount of money for the base rifle, it's hardly a "no cost option".
- Have a provision for a 1,000 yard BUIS?  No.At the rate they open Quantico for rec fire 1000yd shooting this is not an issue for me....nor do I know many who shoot stock sights at 1000yds.

Just some of the reasons why someone might consider the Bushmaster over the ArmaLite.

Further, for less money and with more features you can get the Armalite with chrome lined bore and chamber and LIFETIME WARRANTY....

Does any Bushmaster offer a lifetime warranty?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:51:36 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
The Bushmasters seem to be running well too....

daewoodog & dogderam may have other information.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:00:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Yes, when purchased through Davidson's Gallery of Guns.

Check out their Guaranteed Lifetime Replacement Warranty HERE
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:05:34 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow.....offered for sale at $1810.

Nice.  That's $815 more than the Eagle Arms.

Oh wait.....my bad $1733.99 near me......
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:08:17 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

- Have an ambidextrous mag release?  No.Does any other AR offer this?  In any caliber?
All the more reason to buy the Bushmaster!
- Have an ambidextrous bolt catch/release?  No.Does any other AR offer this?  In any caliber?
- Have an ambidextrous Charging Handle?  No.Again, what other AR offers this?
Well, $55 each for AR-10 mags vs. $9 each for brand new FAL mags - purchase 20 mags (my minimum for a work gun) and the difference is $1100 for AR-10 mags vs. $180 for FAL mags - That's a BIG - I don't need the F-word - whoopie-do to me!
- Have a 3-rail gas block?  No.This is important? I'd rather get a rail system and mount my gear somewhere other than the barrel.
Then add the cost of the rail system to your price comparison - say about $300?
- Have an Ace Skeleton stock available as a no-cost option?  No.This is important?  No cost option? For the amount of money for the base rifle, it's hardly a "no cost option".
For those interested in mounting one of these stocks, it is important.
- Have a provision for a 1,000 yard BUIS?  No.At the rate they open Quantico for rec fire 1000yd shooting this is not an issue for me....nor do I know many who shoot stock sights at 1000yds.

Further, for less money and with more features you can get the Armalite with chrome lined bore and chamber and LIFETIME WARRANTY....

Yes!  See my post above.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:14:21 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Well, $55 each for AR-10 mags vs. $9 each for brand new FAL mags - purchase 20 mags (my minimum for a work gun) and the difference is $1100 for AR-10 mags vs. $180 for FAL mags - That's a BIG - I don't need the F-word - whoopie-do to me!

Wake up troll.......mags have been $39 for at least two or three weeks.  BTW, YOUR arbitrary needs/wants are irrelevant to me and most other users.  In fact many folks have M14/M1a mags around already, as well as AR10 mags from existing or previous rifles.

Then add the cost of the rail system to your price comparison - say about $300?

Point?  What is on your 3 rail block?    Useful option for .01% of the people who buy the rifle, right?  Free float rail system will be $300 for the Bushmaster when they become available, putting the price over $2000 just for the rifle......

For those interested in mounting one of these stocks, it is important.

Oh, I see.....but really not a "no cost option" as it costs you plenty in the way of $1700+.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:15:31 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let me do the math:

Bushmaster gun $1733.99 (even though that's about $230 more than I paid for mine)

20 mags at $9 each $180

Free Float tube $300 (Because you don't want to hang anything from the 3-rail gas block)

TOTAL for the Bushmaster - $2213.99

ArmaLite gun $995 (assuming you can get an Eagle Arms carbine for this price based on prior posts)

20 mags a $39 each $780 (Price quote from SHIVAN)

Free Float tube $300 (see rationale above)

TOTAL for ArmaLite - $2075

At worst, I call it a wash.

ETA:  OK, call it $39/AR-10 mag.  Still less than $150 difference (pricing in favor of the Bushmaster if you use $1500 for the gun which is wht I paid) and my Bushmaster has a Lifetime Warranty where the Eagle Arms does NOT.  Do this comparison with an ArmaLite AR-10 WITH a lifetime warranty and the ArmaLite gets a LOT more expensive.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:17:56 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
20 mags a $55 each $1100 (Price quote from ArmaLite)

You should stick to trolling.  Neither math nor internet surfing are your forte.....it's been WEEKS since the price of mags went down to $39.  For those of us who were smart enough to work AHEAD of the ban we have $20 shells and build up kits that make for $25 mags.....

www.armalite.com/sales/catalog/components/magazines.htm

Months or years old quotes mean nothing.......

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 7:42:07 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let me do the math:

Bushmaster gun $1733.99 (even though that's about $230 more than I paid for mine)

20 mags at $9 each $180

Free Float tube $300 (Because you don't want to hang anything from the 3-rail gas block)

ArmaLite gun $995 (assuming you can get an Eagle Arms carbine for this price based on prior posts)

ETA:  OK, call it $39/AR-10 mag.  Still less than $150 difference (pricing in favor of the Bushmaster if you use $1500 for the gun which is wht I paid) and my Bushmaster has a Lifetime Warranty where the Eagle Arms does NOT.  Do this comparison with an ArmaLite AR-10 WITH a lifetime warranty and the ArmaLite gets a LOT more expensive.

Your Bushmaster has a ONE year warranty.  WTF do you get that it has a lifetime warranty?  You better go check out the Bushmaster website.

The Bushmaster .308 rifles are shipped complete with a Pre-Ban 20 round magazine, Operation and Safety Manual, and one year warranty.

http://www.bushmaster.com/shopping/weapons/pcwa2l30820iz.asp

Why do want to tell an outright lie such as this?  It has a ONE year warranty like the Eagle Arms, not a lifetime warranty like the ArmaLite.

You just proved that you have been trolling all along and this really sheds a new, not so positive, light upon your glowing revues.

You also forgot to mention the LACK of a chrome lined barrel, again like the Eagle Arms AR10, not the ArmaLite.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 8:11:24 PM EDT
[#30]
The Gimmick to which Gadget refers:

At Davidson's, your satisfaction is our commitment. In fact, our commitment is so strong, that we have put together the only GuaranteeDSM Lifetime Replacement Warranty available in the firearms industry.  
It works like this......
If anything ever goes wrong with any gun you buy with the Davidson's GuaranteeDSM Lifetime Replacement Warranty, it will be replaced. If no replacement is available, it will be repaired at no charge to you. Simple, just return it to the GuaranteeDSM retailer where you purchased it, pay for the return shipping and upon receipt Davidson's will ship you
A BRAND NEW GUN THE VERY NEXT DAY.*
So make sure every firearm you purchase works for you. Ask for the GuaranteeDSM Lifetime Replacement Warranty.  

GuaranteeDSM Lifetime Replacement Limited Warranty Terms and Conditions
Davidson's Supply Company warrants to you that if any gun sold by Davidson's ever becomes defective, Davidson's will replace the gun at no charge, subject to the following conditions. This warranty applies only if Davidson's Supply Company sold the gun to the retailer from which you purchased it and extends only to the original purchaser from the retailer. In order to be eligible for warranty coverage, the original purchaser must complete and return the warranty registration card to Davidson's Supply Company, at the address shown below, within 30 days from date of purchase. If no replacement is available, we will repair the original or offer you a similar model (to be determined at our discretion) free of charge. This warranty extends to any and all parts of the gun as originally sold by us, but does not extend to guns altered or rebuilt after their original purchase, or guns used other than for their legal intended purposes. DAVIDSON'S LIABILITY FOR BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY SHALL BE LIMITED TO REPLACING OR REPAIRING THE NONPERFORMING OR DEFECTIVE GOODS (TO BE DETERMINED AT OUR DISCRETION). WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, EITHER DIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. To obtain performance under this warranty, you must return the product to the retailer from which you purchased the product and pay the cost of shipping the product to Davidson's. If the retailer is no longer in business, you may contact us directly at Davidson's Supply Company, 6100 Wilkinson Drive, Prescott, Arizona 86301. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.  

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:47:47 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Why do you want to pay $250 more for an unchromed barrel and a 1 year warranty (as compared to a chrome lined barrel and a lifetime warranty with an ArmaLite)?  In fact, the Eagle Arms division of ArmaLite makes an AR10 with an unchromed barrel and a 1 year warranty for about $995.

1) Some of us don't buy into that whole AR stands for armalite bullshit
2) It was my money that bought my Bushmasters, and approval from the armalite crowd is not required
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 9:18:30 AM EDT
[#32]
I got the same tired shit from the AR nazis when I asked questions about the DPMS 308.
"it's not an armalite so it sucks...blah, blah, blah."  One of my first few posts was trashed by 5Subslr and his groupies, and I decided NOT to buy a SEBR AR10 because of it.  I'm glad I avoided THAT debacle!  I was hoping the AR variants forum wouldn't be prone to the same bashing, because this forum exists to discuss rifles OTHER THAN ARMALITE.

Want some advice about buying a 308 AR type rifle?  Pick up a rifle, see how it fits/works/feels.  Like it?  Inside your price range? Have the options you want?  Good reputation for quality?  Good customer service?  How does it compare to similar offerings from other manufacturers?  Go to the counter and pay for your purchase.  

Armalite is a great company that fit the bill on everything I was looking for EXCEPT initial price.  This is why I have a DPMS 308.  I happen to love mine, even if it doesn't have chrome lined barrel, lifetime warranty, ect, because it does what I want it to do and the price was right.

For those who don't know the players in our little drama here, Shivan and Gaijin have been bickering for a long time about this topic.  As a sideline spectator, I personally believe BOTH have been guilty of trolling this topic and I would like to see EVERYONE involved to GROW UP AND QUIT BASHING.  We all have opinions about everything and this argument is getting tiresome.

flame away

ETA:  Just realized that this topic was started on the AR10 forum instead of the variant forum, so now I understand why there's a lot of friction---but I still stand by my original post.  Play nice, take it somewhere private or STFU
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:02:57 AM EDT
[#33]
Maybe next week we can debate Ford vs Chevy, or for those of us in a higher pay grade, Audi vs BMW...
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 2:40:27 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
As a sideline spectator, I personally believe BOTH have been guilty of trolling this topic and I would like to see EVERYONE involved to GROW UP AND QUIT BASHING.  We all have opinions about everything and this argument is getting tiresome.

I believe I don't give a shiite what you believe......
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:40:41 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
In fact, the Eagle Arms division of ArmaLite makes an AR10 with an unchromed barrel and a 1 year warranty for about $995.

The only advantage that I see with what you posted is the 1,000 yard BUIS but this is really not a serious advantage in my book. I say that because for one I don't have access to a place to shoot that far and two, a 20 inch  barreled .308 is pushing it for 1K.

I'm not left handed so all the ambi stuff is not that important to me. As a matter of fact I prefer the mag release on the AR as it is.

Also the three rail gas block may be important to some but if I ever "need" to change my gas block to a three railed one then I will but it won't cost me $500 to do it. And also I won't hang anything off of my barrel, that's what I use a free flaot tube for.

The ACE stock, I hate it! I would never put one any AR. Now maybe if it came with a Magpul...

But to each his own. The Bushy .308 may fill the bill for some people as it is but in it's current configuration I would not get one. As a matter of fact, I'm disappointed with Bushy's final product. The Bushy does not offer any advantage of the Armalite AR-10 except for the use of cheap mags. But like it was said before, the high price of the Bushy offsets this advantage and it really should be compared to the Eagle line and when you do that there is no advantage because of the price difference.

I'm glad you guys like your rifles but I'm not even thinkng about getting one. I really wanted Bushy to produce this rifle so it could offer some competition toArmalite. Plus I really liked the idea of it being able to use cheap mags. Also I took a hard look at DPMS .308 but I don't like the fact that it is not "true" to the AR form. I'm still looking for some one to come out with a good alternative. Right now, the way I see it there are only two players in this game.....KAC and Armalite.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 6:45:00 PM EDT
[#36]
I dont see what all this shit is about. I love my armalite, and other guys love their Bushmasters and their DPMS.   To each his own.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:01:23 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1) Some of us don't buy into that whole AR stands for armalite bullshit
2) It was my money that bought my Bushmasters, and approval from the armalite crowd is not required

1.  Who cares what you think AR stands for.  Whether you buy into it or not, whether you believe it or not, the fact is that AR stands for ArmaLite.  Just out of curiosity, what do you think AR stands for?
2.  It is not a matter of approval or disapproval, it is just a matter of paying MORE for LESS.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:07:35 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Armalite is a great company that fit the bill on everything I was looking for EXCEPT initial price.  This is why I have a DPMS 308.  I happen to love mine, even if it doesn't have chrome lined barrel, lifetime warranty, ect, because it does what I want it to do and the price was right. That I can understand, as the price is a bit less.  I just don't understand paying a LOT MORE for LESS, as some have done and advocate doing with the Busy..

For those who don't know the players in our little drama here, Shivan and Gaijin have been bickering for a long time about this topic.  As a sideline spectator, I personally believe BOTH have been guilty of trolling this topic and I would like to see EVERYONE involved to GROW UP AND QUIT BASHING.  We all have opinions about everything and this argument is getting tiresome.

flame away Gajin has made it a point to interject his BS about the BM in every thread about AR10s and it has gotten real old, especially when he has lost all credibility with some of his BS.

ETA:  Just realized that this topic was started on the AR10 forum instead of the variant forum, so now I understand why there's a lot of friction---but I still stand by my original post.  Play nice, take it somewhere private or STFU  You are not in any position to tell anyone to STFU or anything else for that matter.

Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:09:16 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
The Gimmick to which Gadget refers:

At Davidson's, your satisfaction is our commitment. In fact, our commitment is so strong, that we have put together the only GuaranteeDSM Lifetime Replacement Warranty available in the firearms industry.  
It works like this......
If anything ever goes wrong with any gun you buy with the Davidson's GuaranteeDSM Lifetime Replacement Warranty, it will be replaced. If no replacement is available, it will be repaired at no charge to you. Simple, just return it to the GuaranteeDSM retailer where you purchased it, pay for the return shipping and upon receipt Davidson's will ship you
A BRAND NEW GUN THE VERY NEXT DAY.*
So make sure every firearm you purchase works for you. Ask for the GuaranteeDSM Lifetime Replacement Warranty.  

GuaranteeDSM Lifetime Replacement Limited Warranty Terms and Conditions
Davidson's Supply Company warrants to you that if any gun sold by Davidson's ever becomes defective, Davidson's will replace the gun at no charge, subject to the following conditions. This warranty applies only if Davidson's Supply Company sold the gun to the retailer from which you purchased it and extends only to the original purchaser from the retailer. In order to be eligible for warranty coverage, the original purchaser must complete and return the warranty registration card to Davidson's Supply Company, at the address shown below, within 30 days from date of purchase. If no replacement is available, we will repair the original or offer you a similar model (to be determined at our discretion) free of charge. This warranty extends to any and all parts of the gun as originally sold by us, but does not extend to guns altered or rebuilt after their original purchase, or guns used other than for their legal intended purposes. DAVIDSON'S LIABILITY FOR BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY SHALL BE LIMITED TO REPLACING OR REPAIRING THE NONPERFORMING OR DEFECTIVE GOODS (TO BE DETERMINED AT OUR DISCRETION). WE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, EITHER DIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to you. To obtain performance under this warranty, you must return the product to the retailer from which you purchased the product and pay the cost of shipping the product to Davidson's. If the retailer is no longer in business, you may contact us directly at Davidson's Supply Company, 6100 Wilkinson Drive, Prescott, Arizona 86301. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state.  

Well, based on that, I can get an Eagle Arms AR10 with a lifetime warranty, as my dealer gives a lifetime warranty on anything they sell, including used guns.  So again, it still compares more to the Eagle, for about $500 more.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:11:25 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
I dont see what all this shit is about. I love my armalite, and other guys love their Bushmasters and their DPMS.   To each his own.

You are correct.  However, there is a certain member that loves to take pot shots at the AR10 and it's owners every time the subject of the AR10 or the BM 308 comes up.  He always has to be condescending and has now started make up bullshit as he goes.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:15:01 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All that bullshit does not make up for a $500 to $700 difference.

So far, you are the only one who has reported that the FAL mags work with no problems.  It will take more than your word (which is not worth much anyway) to prove that they work.

Besides, the AR10 20 round BRAND NEW mags are only $39 now, while you $9 mags are, at best, hit or miss on good ones.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:17:41 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks.  

That's the way it used to be before the AR Variants forum, but the AR-10 folks didn't want to play with the rest of us.

No, it did not used to be that way.  It was an AR10 & AR180" board, period!  Just because you trolled it constantly did not make it an "AR10 style rifle" board.

Who wants to play with someone who is completely full of shit, as you are and you are getting worse.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:24:08 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are correct.  However, there is a certain member that loves to take pot shots at the AR10 and it's owners every time the subject of the AR10 or the BM 308 comes up.  He always has to be condescending and has now started make up bullshit as he goes.

Well thats just sad. Poor guy should be happy he has a rifle he likes, and move on with his life.
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 10:12:42 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

So far, you are the only one who has reported that the FAL mags work with no problems.  It will take more than your word (which is not worth much anyway) to prove that they work.

Besides, the AR10 20 round BRAND NEW mags are only $39 now, while you $9 mags are, at best, hit or miss on good ones.

He isn't the only one with no problems.
I have never had ANY problems with over 20 mags now - inch, metric and 30rd. Bren 7.62 mags.

I still can't understand the war over the two rifles.  In my book both are great rifles.  

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:04:53 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just because you don't agree with a statement, doesn't mean it is made up.

Please point to one, just one, instance where what I have said is not true.

You obviously don't read very well, otherwise you would have understood my pint about MY BAR-10 having a Lifetime Warranty through Davidson's.  Your lack of understanding did not stop you, however, from making an unjustified personal attack.

It's a typical strategy for those who are dealing from a position of weakness - if you can't attack the point, attack the individual making the point.

I have just as much right to make my points here - and elsewhere - as anyone else.  If you do not agree with my points, well, suck it up, buttercup!

Have a nice day - no, seriously!
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:28:57 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

I believe I don't give a shiite what you believe......

I'm glad we understand each other.  This is exactly how I feel about your position (and Gaijin's) on this topic.  I have gotten some good advice from you in the past, and hope to continue friendly conversations and picking your grey matter on all black rifle topics in the future.  I'm only being critical of the way you to go after each other like kids on a playground.  'nuff said.  Have a beer on me!

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:39:36 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
You are not in any position to tell anyone to STFU or anything else for that matter.

Larry, of course I'm in position for this!  I'm right here in front of my computer with the safety of my armchair and the anonymity of the internet!  In a rude, drunken, internet commando kind of way, I asked the major players in this little drama to quit the childish game.  To any and all whom I have offended with my rudeness, I humbly apologize.  For being an internet commando, I shall NEVER apologize, for I am SUPREME OVERLORD AND MASTER OF MY DOMAIN!  For being drunk...well, I already had a 'talking to' from my wife, and she scares me a lot more than you do.

(BTW, I happen to agree with the rest of your additions to my post)

Join me in some Hair of the Dog?

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:33:49 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Let me do the math:

20 mags at $9 each $180

ArmaLite...Eagle Arms gun $995

FWIW, since YOU want to change the criteria of the comparison's:

My gear:

ArmaLite AR-10A4 - $1150
Fifteen 20rd mags - $252
Thirteen 10rd mags - $124
Working 6pos stock - $120
GG&G 20MOA base - $90
Badger rings - $130
Leupold M3LR - $650
KAC Trigger - $205

Total - $2721

Chromelined bore & chamber and manufacturer's lifetime warranty --- priceless!!!

To get an idea of a complete Bushmaster rifle price, let's post what each of our Bushmaster .308 owners have in theirs......
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:48:41 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He isn't the only one with no problems.
I have never had ANY problems with over 20 mags now - inch, metric and 30rd. Bren 7.62 mags.

I still can't understand the war over the two rifles.  In my book both are great rifles.  

If he would stop his trolling in every thread about the AR10, there would be no war.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 10:51:27 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just because you don't agree with a statement, doesn't mean it is made up.

Please point to one, just one, instance where what I have said is not true.

You obviously don't read very well, otherwise you would have understood my pint about MY BAR-10 having a Lifetime Warranty through Davidson's.  Your lack of understanding did not stop you, however, from making an unjustified personal attack.

It's a typical strategy for those who are dealing from a position of weakness - if you can't attack the point, attack the individual making the point.

I have just as much right to make my points here - and elsewhere - as anyone else.  If you do not agree with my points, well, suck it up, buttercup!

Have a nice day - no, seriously!

Suck this up buttercup.

As stated, I can get a lifetime warranty on an Eagle as well (for $500 to $700 less), so all your points (not pints) are still null and void.

You troll every fucking AR10 thread, period.  You don't make points, you just troll.

Not everyone gets their rifles through Davison's, and that invalidates the rest of your bullshit.  As for lies, you were purposely misquoting mag prices from ArmaLite, knowing they had changed them.

I also believe that some of your so-called "problems" with the AR10 were user induced, if true at all.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top