Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/25/2006 1:16:33 AM EDT
Hey ya'll, I get a very large bonus check every March.... Usually I treat myself to a new firearm in the $1000 - 1500 range but this year I'm not really feeling the urge to by a new gun. Instead I was looking at these funky 37MM wannabe flare launchers at the local gun store! I think they look cooler than hell but have never fired one. I'de throw the $300 the gunshop wants at the thing if it were fun to shoot..... What's a decent brand? There is a Cobray sitting on the shelf but it looks used, I've been watching EE and there is a similar model for a hundred less.... Just looking for ya'll's opinions... Thanks!

- Clint
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:08:44 AM EDT
[#1]
this place should have all the answers you want  37mm.com
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:12:04 AM EDT
[#2]
had one before, it was fun but $10 a pop isnt. along with being really heavy
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:22:54 AM EDT
[#3]
WMHM4, thanks for the link, but I've been trying to register on that site for a week and it keeps telling me the Admins have the registration locked..... So I haven't been able to view too much other than pics!hoa,

Thanks for the replies fella's................ Edited to include: I just tried the link again and it worked this time, thanks WMHM4.....
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:53:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Just don't blow your hands off like that other guy...
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:13:25 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
As far as I can tell there are smoke projectiles, flares, bird bangers, and inert powder projectiles.... Sounds a lot of fun!

Bird bombs were classified as a DD by the ATF. If my memory serves me correct, you have to have a documented case of pest damage, then you have to aquire a special permit to use them. There was some proposed amendment to this concerning folks in the agricultural business with ongoing problems, but I'm not sure whatever happened with that.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:14:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Dude, get something you can really use... mount a 12 gauge shotgun on that bad boy.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 1:30:42 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
WMHM4, thanks for the link, but I've been trying to register on that site for a week and it keeps telling me the Admins have the registration locked..... So I haven't been able to view too much other than pics!

eklilwhoa, I don't think the $10 price tag would bother me all that much.... I doubt it would be something that I would wanna go out and blow 100 rounds in a day with. More of a curio I guess! As far as I can tell there are smoke projectiles, flares, bird bangers, and inert powder projectiles.... Sounds a lot of fun!

Thanks for the replies fella's................

- Clint

Edited to include: I just tried the link again and it worked this time, thanks WMHM4.....

Clint,

This is the better site with more activity... www.freewebs.com/grog/index.htm

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:43:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Bird bombs were classified as a DD by the ATF. If my memory serves me correct, you have to have a documented case of pest damage, then you have to aquire a special permit to use them. There was some proposed amendment to this concerning folks in the agricultural business with ongoing problems, but I'm not sure whatever happened with that.

Yeah I just read that earlier this morning, they can't go BANG....- Clint
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:47:00 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Dude, get something you can really use... mount a 12 gauge shotgun on that bad boy.

This was also an after thought, I liked the one the Indian dude had in Predator.... How feasable is this, who offers the hardware to mount a shotty under my 16" M4 barrel? Is the shotgun gonna be too long for the 16" or would I have to go full size? Links please...LOL - Clint
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:17:33 PM EDT
[#10]
http://www.remingtonmilitary.com/870mcs.htm

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e376/avidshooter/870mcs_AxxWpn.jpg
You'd have to go to your friendly, local class III ffl to get the real scoop on pickin one up.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:47:44 PM EDT
[#11]
That's what I was afraid of..... That looks pretty damn cool though!

- Clint
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:18:08 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

i43.photobucket.com/albums/e376/avidshooter/870mcs_AxxWpn.jpg
You'd have to go to your friendly, local class III ffl to get the real scoop on pickin one up.

That looks like crap.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:29:38 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Just don't blow your hands off like that other guy...

What guy is this? What went wrong?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 5:39:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

i43.photobucket.com/albums/e376/avidshooter/870mcs_AxxWpn.jpg

+1
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:18:04 PM EDT
[#15]

I would go with the Knight's "Masterkey" if you really wanted an under-barrel door breacher. I would much rather have an 870 separate from the weapon that you could sling on your back.

Nathan
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:59:17 PM EDT
[#16]
That does look a lot better, how long is the barrel on that 870? I would pimp that if I didn't have to get the Class III................. - Clint
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 10:35:58 PM EDT
[#17]
That guy? He sort of auto flayed his hand. The entire point of those things, which he kinda got wrong, is all the explosive crap goes out of the hole thats facing away from you.  Details, details! I don't know how much of his hand he lost, but I know it wasn't good.  I understand he was not just some yahoo, he knew what he was doing, and it was an actual (as in "doing every thing right, and it still goes bad") accident.  

Edit: If you have not eaten lately, it's all the way at the bottom of this page.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 11:15:08 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
That guy? He sort of auto flayed his hand. The entire point of those things, which he kinda got wrong, is all the explosive crap goes out of the hole thats facing away from you.  Details, details! I don't know how much of his hand he lost, but I know it wasn't good.  I understand he was not just some yahoo, he knew what he was doing, and it was an actual (as in "doing every thing right, and it still goes bad") accident.  

Edit: If you have not eaten lately, it's all the way at the bottom of this page.

Thanks for the link. I will never ever shoot one of those flare launchers now.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 12:49:50 AM EDT
[#19]
hat

- Clint
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top