Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 8/23/2004 3:30:01 PM EST
[Last Edit: 8/23/2004 3:30:42 PM EST by GackMan]
So while I wait for a TA31F to be available somewhere with less than a 6 month wait... I decided to get an EOTech. All my friends have Aimpoints so I'm gonna be different.

So ok - i used the SEARCH button and figured out all the different models... I think.

I'm pretty sure I want the 512.A65 rev F.

Is there any reason to get any model besides this one?

I want the improved buttons, I want the longer battery life, the improved brightness, etc.

I don't need NVG compatibility.

So tell me I'm wrong and tell me what else to get!!

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:13:57 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:27:48 PM EST

Originally Posted By GackMan:

So ok - i used the SEARCH button and figured out all the different models... I think.

What a concept! And the Search button actually worked? You are a pioneer! Many have wondered if the Search button works, but as far as I can tell no one has actually tried it until now...

Just joking. It is good to see someone willing to do a little research for himself. But as long as you didn't ask, I'll repeat what I posted in the general AR-15 forum for another person who didn't look for himself:

EOTech's website does have a page that describes the differences:

www.eotech-inc.com/lawe_hwsmodels.php

The main differences are:

50X series = basic model with no protective metal hood, waterproof to 10 feet
51X series = with protective metal hood, waterproof to 10 feet
55X series = with protective metal hood and night vision compatibility, waterproof to 33 feet

Then you get your choice of batteries:

N = smaller and lighter but less capacity and alkaline only - 200 hour life
AA = larger and heavier but more capacity and available in alkaline, lithium (long shelf life) and rechargeable - 1100 hour life

Finally you can pick your reticle:

A65 = 65 MOA ring around 1 MOA dot - this is the standard and most popular choice although some find the ring distracting
D1 = single 1 MOA dot - this is only available for the 511 model and the small dot is hard for many people to locate quickly
FN and Sage reticles = special purpose reticles for less-lethal weapons - not of interest to you

Not all combinations of model/battery/reticle are available. These are the standard combinations and their list prices:

502.A65 - no metal hood, N batteries, 65 MOA ring-dot reticle = $299.00

511.A65 - metal hood, N batteries, 65 MOA ring-dot reticle = $369.00

511.D1 - metal hood, N batteries, single 1 MOA dot reticle = $369.00

511.FN - metal hood, N batteries, special reticle for FN303 less-leathal weapon = $369.00

511.Sage - metal hood, N batteries, special reticle for Sage less-lethal weapon = $369.00

512.A65 - metal hood, AA batteries, 65 MOA ring-dot reticle = $389.00

551.A65 - metal hood, night vision compatible, N batteries, 65 MOA ring-dot reticle = $389.00

552.A65 - metal hood, night vision compatible, AA batteries, 65 MOA ring-dot reticle = $459.00

ETA - Try to get the latest Revision F models if possible. They have some worthwhile improvements including longer battery life and more durable button covers.
Top Top