Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/25/2006 11:02:06 AM EDT
Sound off, list your gun, sights, and what you typically get at the range.  I can't be the only prospective AR Pistol owner wondering this.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 4:38:02 PM EDT
[#1]
sub-moa, no sights

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 8:36:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
sub-moa, no sights

A 1 inch group at 1/36th yards?
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 9:09:44 PM EDT
[#3]
a hair over .223 at the range.

didnt state what range or how many bullets.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 1:10:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Well I don't have any sights on mine as of yet. I have a Larue BUIS (rear) and I'm looking at putting one of these on the front. I may have to put a riser on the rear though. It's either that I get one of those SPOT scopes and throw it on there. Still in the works for now.

Gene
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 4:45:17 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Well I don't have any sights on mine as of yet. I have a Larue BUIS (rear) and I'm looking at putting one of these dsgarms.com/images/products/E20151wtmk.jpg on the front. I may have to put a riser on the rear though. It's either that I get one of those SPOT scopes and throw it on there. Still in the works for now.

Gene

why would you need a riser for the rear? if you are mounting to the gas block then get one meant for the gas block (adco has rra) if you are mounting to the railed forearm get one for the forearm(lmt)
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:59:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's the pistol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/flcracker/arpistol.jpg

and here's a target from my first day at the range:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/flcracker/arpistoltarget.jpg

Distance was 25 yds, using 0x magnification Aimpoint, modified (bench- and single-point-sling-supported) "Weaver" stance.  62-grn ADCOM.

flcracker
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 12:52:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well I don't have any sights on mine as of yet. I have a Larue BUIS (rear) and I'm looking at putting one of these dsgarms.com/images/products/E20151wtmk.jpg on the front. I may have to put a riser on the rear though. It's either that I get one of those SPOT scopes and throw it on there. Still in the works for now.

Gene

why would you need a riser for the rear? if you are mounting to the gas block then get one meant for the gas block (adco has rra) if you are mounting to the railed forearm get one for the forearm(lmt)

Well to answer your question, the main reason is most likely because I'm a noob at this and still learning lol. Here's the pistol:

and this is the BUIS that I have:

I was planning to order this:

to mount this;

Will this work ? I have the riser already from my other rifle, so it's not like I was planning to buy one, I just thought I would have to use it.

Thanks for the input.

Gene
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top