Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/25/2003 8:29:20 PM EDT
Here is some pics now that I finally have a digital camera.

Let me give you a rundown of all the stuff.
- Bushmaster lower
- Bushmaster flat top upper.
- Bushmaster 16" M4 barrel.
- Quality titanium firing pin
- JP Enterprises hammer and trigger
- Ambi ERGO grip
- Gapper
- RRA safety selector
- Extended bolt release
- Arredondo mag well
- Badger Ordnance tactical latch
- A.R.M.S. #40 flip-up rear sight
- Bushnell Holosight
- ASA non collapsible buttstock

Link Posted: 4/25/2003 8:57:14 PM EDT
[#1]
- KA grip tube
- Kinght Armament vertical grip
- AAC weaver rail (leftover from a HK USC)
- Bushmaster 3 rail gas block
- Surefire G2 flashlight
- TRGear.com mount
- Fulton Armory Flip up front
- MICULEK Comp
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=11230[/img]
[img]http://photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/IG_LoadImage.asp?iImageUnq=11229[/img]
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 9:20:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Nicely done. Bravo!

--LS
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 9:20:47 PM EDT
[#3]
weird set up bro........kinda coo
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 9:23:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm guessing its a race gun?  Mabye 3 gun matches?
Link Posted: 4/25/2003 11:14:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
weird set up bro........kinda coo
View Quote

y do you say its a weird set up?? i think its cool. My goal in building it was to make it really light. It weights 6 3/4lbs loades, thats including the flashlight. I use it in local 3-gun matches. I think it is time to build another upper, i'm running out of stuff I can put on it. Thinking of a DCM upper or a 20" IPSC upper.

Link Posted: 4/25/2003 11:43:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Unique
Link Posted: 4/26/2003 10:44:39 PM EDT
[#7]
what's on the mag well?  never seen that thing before.  Just curious.  thanks.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 1:37:47 AM EDT
[#8]
i was wondering why u opted for the titanium firing pin...  

nice pics!
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 3:59:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Where's the cup-holder?
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 4:03:20 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice job.  Looks great.  Also good pictures.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 5:17:40 AM EDT
[#11]
what do you mean "whats on the magwell?"?
I opted for the Titanium Firing pin so the hard military primers ,in theroy, should still work with the lightened hammer and the 1.5lb trigger pull.
Link Posted: 4/27/2003 8:45:55 PM EDT
[#12]

Nice rifle. What's the accordian thing on the mag well for?

Panzer Out

Link Posted: 4/27/2003 9:31:42 PM EDT
[#13]
The funny looking thing on the lower is an extended magazine well. Arredondo makes all kinds of IPSC do dads. Some are really functional some are not. It's an "IPSC thing" although the idea of an ad on extended mag well for the AR lower is something people have been talking about for a while.
How well does it work? Also why do you want to go to 20 inch? The reason I ask is All the three gunners I shoot with have gone to 20 inch barrels. I STILL compete with them using a 14.5 BM M-4 barrel and usually place in the top three or four for the rifle stages. it's all about the trigger control. Just wish I could do that with the pistola. Haven't broke out of C class yet....
Now in watching video of them shooting and me shooting I am contending with quite a bit more recoil. Probably going to try one of those PRI fat boy gas tubes when I get home from the gulf. We will see. How much did the rail run you from H&K? I have been looking for a good source of rail stock about that long and that looks like it would fit the bill. One other question how is your G-2 holding up? I use one as well mounted in one of the inexpensive Fobus flashlight mounts. All the Surefire snobs told me it wouldn’t last that I HAD to have a shock Isolated bezel. Now Since I have been out here I have dropped my G-2 from the top of a helicopter (about 18 feet up) onto the flight deck and it didn’t break and is still functioning fine. How many rounds has it put up with on yours?

IPSC_GUY sends

P.S. Nice Rig by the way
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 12:39:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Good looking carbine.  How much for the KA forend?  I haven't seen it before.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 1:24:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Some unfamiliar accessories there.. the magwell and handguard are interesting.. Neat setup, overall.
Link Posted: 4/28/2003 8:39:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Stingerjg,
Nice rifle!  Don't get too frazzled by some of the above comments.  Some people just don't understand us IPSC shooters.  

Have you used it in a match yet?  How did it work?

On a side note, does the Miculek comp have to be permanently attatched?  I shot another IPSC shooters 20" ar with one of these, and the lack of muzzle flip was amazing.
Scott
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 5:54:45 AM EDT
[#17]
oooohhh, the post-ban pooleeece is soooo gonna get y'all, you, you... scofflaw!

seriously dude... i think the '94 AW ban is a POS, but i still wouldn't reccomend "flaunting" your non compliance in a public forum.... next thing you know, you'll be telling tales of speeding, fornicating before age of consent and having a colapsable stock on that racegun!
Link Posted: 5/3/2003 10:03:21 AM EDT
[#18]
said and done. no really its welded, pined, glued, taped, and stapled on.
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 12:08:38 AM EDT
[#19]
dat whut i thunk you meant!
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 8:08:28 PM EDT
[#20]
what modification is in violation of the aw ban?
Link Posted: 5/4/2003 9:15:36 PM EDT
[#21]
im not going to say unless I have proof of I.D. that your not a snitch or a federal agent.
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 4:55:28 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
im not going to say unless I have proof of I.D. that your not a snitch or a federal agent.
View Quote

well i was just thinking it was something obvious that was already out in the open that i was just missing inside this thread since fixer was like "i wouldn't flaunt your non compliance"... i dont see what it could be unless that stock is telescopic
Link Posted: 5/5/2003 4:45:17 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
- ASA [b]non[/b] collapsible buttstock
View Quote
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top