Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/4/2006 1:27:21 PM EDT
I have ordered a .338 spectre with MGI QCB from Marty. 16" Barrel.

I want a discreet carry case for this. Anyone find anything that they really like?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 2:52:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I Shot bags are very nice if money isnt a object. Bought mine a texastactical.com
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:24:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry gave the wrong  site this should get you there  www.texastacticalgear.com
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:05:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I have two cases for my QCB, the I Shot and a Pelican.  The Pelican is the smaller case, that I can put the QCB in pistol configuration on the top, with all of my barrels and bolts and optic in the bottom.  It is great for maximum protection.

I just started using the I Shot, and love it.  With all of the webbing inside, I can get the completed rifle of any configuration in the main compartment with a lot of accessories, and all of the webbing in the outter compartment can hold several barrels and "stuff'.  With my upper, lower scope red dot and four barrel/bolt combos, so far it is pretty heavy.  The bag is hell built for stout, and carries everything quite well.  I have a Tan 42 inch case, and it is tall enough to fit the completed rifle with a 30 round magazine, and a Nightforce 3.5x15 by 50 with the tall knobs.

What I am doing with my spare barrels is using one of the gun sleeve type socks to put the barrel in.  I then use velcro loops that I made (additional to the one you can buy) to hold the barrels parallel to the long length of the internal webbing on the outside compartment.  I use the shorter socks for the scope when it is off the gun or on my Aimpoint.  Everything stays put very well, and the tan case does not scream gun.  The plastic dividers between the foam help keep everything in place, and nothing prints.

I am very pleased with the system, so far.  Although a couple more barrels and bolts (which are on the way), and I might need a back brace to move it around

Craig
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 1:41:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies...those I shot cases look nice...I'll definately have to get one of those.

Bearbait...can you tell me what is the model or width of the pelican is you have that will fit this upper?
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 9:39:02 AM EDT
[#5]
The Pelican that I have is the 1600.  It does not fit the QCB with any size rifle barrel attached.  I have my QCB in pistol configuration (10.5 inch with brake) on the top, slanted sideways.  It just fits with the Aimpoint on it.  The case will just fit 20 inch barrels with gas tubes on my bottom level, sitting sideways.  I would say that it might be a good choice if you want to have your QCB set up sans a barrel installed on the top, with everything else set around and under it.  I am also running a collapsabel stock, so this could affect things.

I would suggest visting the Pelican website to get the internal dimensions of the various cases, and go from there.  The Pelican is very nice, and it will certainly protect your investment.  I have been using them for years for electronic surveying equipment, and they have never failed me.

Craig
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top