Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/8/2003 9:06:29 PM EDT
 I have a surefire 952 and was thinking about the high output lamp, according to surefire it should be almost as bright as the 9v standard lamp. Anyone tried these?    thanks..... Phatboy
Link Posted: 8/8/2003 11:59:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I checked on my Surefire 9v light, and the difference between the 125 and 225 lumen lamps are not that much. I haven't tried with the 6v, but I believe the most important thing is the diameter of the bezel. When I compare  my M3, and M3T, the difference is amazing.

Hope this helps.
Steve.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 2:58:26 AM EDT
[#2]
The High Output Lamp Assembly for the two SF123A models such as the M2 and M95 is the P61 120Lu/20mins Lamp Assembly.

I only use the P61 in my M2 and G2Z models - when I'm carrying or using large flashlights I want the most about I can get.

Perhaps it is worth going to a lowlight training with the P61 installed to see whether there is any difference to justify the shortened runtime for you?

Al
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 6:05:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I checked on my Surefire 9v light, and the difference between the 125 and 225 lumen lamps are not that much. I haven't tried with the 6v, but I believe the most important thing is the diameter of the bezel. When I compare  my M3, and M3T, the difference is amazing.

Hope this helps.
Steve.
View Quote

I don't have an M3T(urbo-head), I do have an M3. There is ver little difference between the 125 lumen and 225 lumen lamps, except one goes through way more batteries.

On the 6v classic lights, there is a noticable difference between the 60 lumen and 120 lumen lamps. The hot spot is bright, but more noticeably the outer beam is MUCH brighter than the outer beam of the 60 lumen bulb.

The HO lights, don't have as long of a life as the standard output lights.

I would say get one, you should have a spare lamp or 4 anyway. It could come in handy, you may like it, etc.
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 7:04:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

On the 6v classic lights, there is a noticable difference between the 60 lumen and 120 lumen lamps. The hot spot is bright, but more noticeably the outer beam is MUCH brighter than the outer beam of the 60 lumen bulb.

View Quote

I agree.  The P61 puts out much more light than the standard P60.  If you can accept the short run time, it is a worthwhile upgrade.  If you need more light but want long run time, switch to a 9 volt system.  Or 2 6 volts, one with a P60 and one with a P61...
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 9:00:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks guys for your help.  I will get the P61 lamp since I have spare batteries in both GGG vertical grip and Tango down battle grip, run time is not too much of an issue. Then I will have the P60 as a spare,  Thanks again.....Phatboy
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 2:10:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I didn't notice that much difference between the P60 & the P61, until I shined them in a dark room side-by-side.

big difference.

then I took them outside and the P61 had much better distance than the P60
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top