Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/16/2008 5:13:04 PM EDT
anyone using this light/foregrip combo?
where can i get it for cheap?,how good is it? anyone using one now?
pics? worth the money?
thanks
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 5:46:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Have one, love it! dont know where you can get it cheap.
Some people complain that they are too heavy.
I like it, It is definately stout. it'll take a beating
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 5:58:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I have two... love 'em.

They aren't light (Har har)... but they're damned near indestructible.  The nav lights are a nice feature for when you don't need a ton of light to move or maneuver (and they come in an IR version).  

The weaponlights combine two useful items into one (light and foregrip), and you can generally count on surefire to make a solid product, and stand behind it.

Two thumbs up from me.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 6:11:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Sometimes they'll show up here at EE below $400, I love mine

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:10:14 PM EDT
[#5]
how much heavier is this light/foregrip combo over a larue foregrip and a mounted scout light. i'm building a cqc rifle and don't want it too heavy.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 9:15:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
pics? worth the money?
thanks

I used to.
You cant. Its just OK. Not now, no.
Not worth the money.

Other notes: If you get it wet the LEDs light up and dont turn off till they dry.  Its twice the weight for no additional features or output of other set ups.  Its way too expensive.  You can get just as much usable light and range with more battery life from a 2 cell LED nowdays.  You can get nav features in other products too like the Pentagons or the Gladius.

It looks cool though... would not get another.  You can do other light set ups for half the weight or if you run the Scout less than half the weight.  10 oz or under vs 20 oz for the M900/M910.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 9:22:36 PM EDT
[#7]
I have been looking for one. I have seen them on ebay used for about 300 and new for around 400... Just a thought
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 9:48:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got a M900a in the EE for sale. The ARMs throw lever is nicer than the thumb screws IMHO.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 11:03:38 PM EDT
[#9]
It's a neat, convenient, and robust accessory.  

It's too heavy IMO.  Mine still sits in its original box in favor of a stand alone light plus a VFG.    

I prefer the thumbscrew version.  Why?  I don't see the point in paying much more for an attachment interface designed to hold a repeat zero.  The thumbscrews are bigger, but simpler and more durable IMO.  The last thing you need is your weaponlight and VFG to go down because the attachment levers permanently loosened and/or broke off.

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 11:15:40 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

It's too heavy IMO.  Mine still sits in its original box in favor of a stand alone light plus a VFG.    

I prefer the thumbscrew version.  Why?  I don't see the point in paying much more for an attachment interface designed to hold a repeat zero.  The thumbscrews are bigger, but simpler and more durable IMO.  The last thing you need is your weaponlight and VFG to go down because the attachment levers permanently loosened and/or broke off.

For all the complaints I have about the M900 I do have to say that is a totally unrealistic idea of what could happen to the mount.  You are 1000X more likely to break the handle in half than hurt a throw lever mount to the point it breaks on the M900.  I had the loosest throw lever mount ever on an M900 and it did never and would never just come off.  The thumb screws are more likely to vibrate loose than the throw lever release.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 1:04:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
pics? worth the money?
thanks

I have one with the red LEDs. I really really like it. Prior to buying it I was running a tango down VFG with a PentagonLight in a Larue mount. I just like the Surefire setup better. I like how it's more streamlined (having the light underneath instead of on one side), and it just plain feels good. I opted to upgrade the thumb screw mount to a Larue. I am also running the high intensity bulb in it... only 20 minutes of continuous run time but it is BRIGHT.

I bought it in the EE hardly used for $375. The main complaint I hear about them is that they are too heavy... although I don't think it's considerably heavier than my previous setup (just by feel). Here's a pic:

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:24:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Had one, didn't like the bulk and weight. Sold it to a guy serving in Iraq.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:47:47 AM EDT
[#13]

I love mine, yes it is a little heavy, but I find that it helps keep the gun "on target" better during consecutive shots. Bought mine on the EE for $400. If you do get one, get it with the A.R.M.S. levers, the thumbscrews suck.

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 5:58:05 AM EDT
[#14]
I have one I purchased off of the EE. I LOVE IT!!! I do agree it's too heavy, but it's what I prefer on my Duty rifle. Mine came with the Larue mount, that mount is built like a tank and I highly recommend it.

PursuitSS
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:12:04 AM EDT
[#15]
They are the best!
Yes , they are heavy , but also heavy duty.

I have 2 , and you can bet yuor life on them.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:25:04 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

For all the complaints I have about the M900 I do have to say that is a totally unrealistic idea of what could happen to the mount.  You are 1000X more likely to break the handle in half than hurt a throw lever mount to the point it breaks on the M900.  I had the loosest throw lever mount ever on an M900 and it did never and would never just come off.  The thumb screws are more likely to vibrate loose than the throw lever release.

Good to know.  

The extent of my experience with ARMS is limited to scope rings.  It seems like the general consensus here is that ARMS could be better were it not for eventual loosening and MIM-manufactured lever breakage.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:52:19 AM EDT
[#17]
pardon my ignorance but what is EE?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 10:37:25 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
pardon my ignorance but what is EE?

EE = Equipment exchange here on ARFcom
www.ar15.com/forums/board.html?b=7
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 9:04:42 AM EDT
[#19]
EE = wallet Emptying Express
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 9:13:03 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
EE = wallet Emptying Express

+1

and +1 for the Surefire, good light.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 9:24:25 AM EDT
[#21]
There are some great deals going on at wallet Emptying Express, I just bought my fourth M900
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 4:03:10 PM EDT
[#22]
When I look at the lumens they are the same.

The 910 with the big light and the 900 with the smaller head on it.  ???

Is the 910 a more spread out light pattern and the 900 is more focused or does the 910 actually seem brighter?  The run time is the same too according to the specs.

I found a 910AB-WH for $457.97 at a local fun shop today. Was thinking about snagging it.

If you run say a 951 and a Tango Down or BoBro vert grip I'm surprised the weight difference is that great.

Link Posted: 4/19/2008 6:17:40 PM EDT
[#23]
The turbo head is to better focus the light, so it has more throw at longer distances.  Close in, I don't think it's much different, it doesn't make it brighter unless you put in a higher lumens bulb, which the M9x0 comes with.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 8:39:51 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks Duffy

I apologize for the ignorance. Turbo head - would that be the 910 "larger diameter"?

And what about that price. Anybody think that's average, high or a steal?  $457.95
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 6:18:01 AM EDT
[#25]
That's an ok deal I think, but unless you're bent on getting it new from a reseller, the most I'd pay is $400.  At EE they routinely show up between $300 and $450, since they're big ticket items as far as flashlights go, they don't move very fast.  Just in the last week I saw at least three below $400, I snagged mine (M910 with an additional ARMS dual lever mount) for $350 shipped, without the additional ARMS mount it would have been $315 shipped, now THAT's a good deal

Surefire would warranty it anyway, buying it new only costs you more.

The Turbo Head option, I'm sure it is the big head you're talking about.  The M series heads all fit the M9x0, I've used the Turbo Head and an LED with mine.  In the picture I posted above, the LED is one on the left.  I have two, one on my M6, the other on an M3. Playing with it out to 200yds or so,  the beam is tighter due to the larger surface area of the reflector.  It is bulky though, and looks funny
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 7:02:44 AM EDT
[#26]
I can HIGHLY recommend the replacement mount that Larue manufactures (LT-170)

Larue doesn't use MIM (metal injection molding). These suckers are milled from SOLID steel!

PursuitSS
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 7:07:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Sure, if you're replacing the twin thumb screws, might as well do so withe the LaRue unit.  All of mine (including the 4th I just got) have ARMS mounts, I don't mount/remove them all the time, no problems so far.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top