Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 8:53:05 PM EDT
16" dpms preban rifle with 6 position stock no internal mods except newer gas rings.
Well here's the problem did the best cleaning I've ever done (since the corps) and
she'll eat the first 2 to 3 mags of ammo then proceed to fail to eject and extract...
leading to several comments about this so and so and that so and so....well then
after a field cleaning best possible on site, i'll get 10 to 15 rounds then the same
thing!!!!!!!! Help this is my only long gun to keep the Zombie hoards away.hasStill a big problem........

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 10:09:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:37:17 AM EDT
[#2]
this sounds like the same kind of problems i was having.

and i started out w/some prvi partisan and remington green box, then went to wolf.

funny thing is i threw some lube in there on the extractor and near the end of the 400 rds i was able to run 4 mags through it w/o a hiccup. but that day i probably had no less than 30 fte/ftfs
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:59:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey guys, I have recently built my second AR15. I had my first failure to extract yesterday and the resulting jam was the worst firearm experience I've had so far.

It's a Del-ton 16" middy A2. I am using Center Industries "USGI" magazines. I was shooting 55gr FMJ Wolf military classic ammo. I have put about 140~ such rounds through this gun. I have cleaned with brake degreaser and Remington CLP.

I was told at the shop that I probably haven't cleaned the chamber with a chamber brush. I think that is most likely the problem. However, does this mean my gun can't fire more than 100 rounds of Wolf reliably???

Brent
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:44:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well here's the problem did the best cleaning I've ever done (since the corps) and
she'll eat the first 2 to 3 mags of ammo then proceed to fail to eject and extract...
leading to several comments about this so and so and that so and so....well then
after a field cleaning best possible on site, i'll get 10 to 15 rounds then the same
thing!!!!!!!!

Do you lube after cleaning?  Soak it with CLP and try it again...
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top