Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/20/2003 5:36:48 AM EDT
are pivot and takedown pins interchangeable?  thanks for the patience!
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 5:43:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Their diameters are the same, but don't interchange them unless you are stuck with no other choice but to us two of the same pins for both front and rear applications.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 5:56:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Armax,
As I have said in previous posts, there are no stupid questions and the only stupid questions are the ones that you don't ask. [bounce]
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 6:30:28 AM EDT
[#3]
I ask this because I found a pivot pin with a a grenade pullpin hole that I thought would be nice for quick breakdown of my ar.  I figured if I could use the same pin for the pivot and takedown it would make breakdown into a more compact case quick and easy.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 9:29:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Heck, go ahead and try it, and let us know how it works out.  Even if it doesn't work out, you haven't spent a whole lot of money and you've had some nonshooting fun w/your AR[:D]
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 11:11:57 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I ask this because I found a pivot pin with a a grenade pullpin hole that I thought would be nice for quick breakdown of my ar.  I figured if I could use the same pin for the pivot and takedown it would make breakdown into a more compact case quick and easy.
View Quote

I think you might be able to get away with that combination as the pibot pin is longer than the takedown pin - though you would have to check to see where the detents engage to really verify if this could be done.
Link Posted: 9/20/2003 11:30:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, I'll give it a try and let y'all know.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top