Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2013 7:04:13 AM EDT
I bought the PEPR qd mount for my redfield 3-9x

how do you secure it in the mount level and then make sure it is good on your rifle?

just eyeball it or is there a better way

I did a bunch of searching but it was all basically for mounting into a precision rifle receiver, not picatinny

thanks
paul
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 9:49:53 AM EDT
feeler guage between the flat on the scope and the scope mount.

Link Posted: 9/10/2013 9:54:02 AM EDT
'Close enough' is really fine for getting scopes level with the rifle.  The important thing is that the scope reticle and tracking are level with gravity when the shot is fired.  If the rifle isn't perfectly square with the scope it wont throw off your ballistics much, if at all.

However, most of us are too OCD to just go with 'close enough'.  The general idea is to get the rifle level and clamped down somehow, a bubble level resting on the picatinny upper rail works.  Then turn and adjust the scope in it's mount until the reticle seems visually vertical.  You can verify by lining up your rig, rifle, and scope at a weighted line then verifying the reticle is acutually vertical and/or just by using a bubble level on the scope's top turret (which is usually flat).  Some guys use a micrometer on the underside of the scope to make sure its even on both sides.
Top Top