Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2003 7:19:19 AM EDT
anyone have any experience with them. looking to build a lite-weight car style ar. have both a 16" & 20" in standard style, putting together a 24" target model now. so now I want the shortest/lightest(Room Broom) I can put together on a post ban lower.

any ideas/ pics would be helpful
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 7:33:38 AM EDT
[#1]
I put together a RRA upper/lower with a Bushmaster 16" lightweight bbl and used an entry stock for my Wife. She's 5'0" and petite, the entry stock fits her perfect.

I wear 35" sleaves and while I can use it it's not comfortable for me. I think another Inch length would make a big differance.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 7:37:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Like SGB I find the stubby stock not quite enough. Try an old A1 fixed stock if you can find one...much better for me. I believe there are some being made new again now, but not sure by who.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 7:44:38 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks for the help, I think cav arms makes a stock C1??  that's made to A1 stock length. going to see how that works out
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 7:50:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Another option you have is to use the stuby stock with a side sling adaptor that will increase it another inch.  If that is still uncomfortable or too short you can add a 1" extender butt pad.

I'm doing exactly this for a CAR I'm putting together.

A fellow user on this site, Precisioniu, has a BM shorty stock and a 1" extender for sale.  Shoot him an e-mail or IM him.  He still had it as of a week ago.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 10:15:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I have the bushmaster stubby stock and 1" butt extender also.  It fits me perfectly. not too long, not too short.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top