Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 10/21/2004 8:50:17 PM EDT
How does one go about registering a lower as a SBR? Does it need to be a virgin lower reciever?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:52:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Click on the M16 forum just below this one on the AR Board. The FAQ is posted at the top.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:03:24 PM EDT
[#2]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=14&t=178305

Just to quickly answer the second part of your question, no, it doesn't need to be a virgin lower.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:12:18 PM EDT
[#3]
thanks guys!!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:19:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Fill out atf form 5320.1 (application to make a registered firearm) in duplicate, 2 finger print cards, 2 photographs , local law enforcement sign off , $200.00 to  atf  and (certification of compliance form )  after your tax stamp is recvd the recvr needs to be marked (engraved) with your name city state   start shooting
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:24:30 PM EDT
[#5]
anyone on the boards do the engraving ?
anyone sell lowers that are already registered?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:32:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Even if you go through a dealer it's the same process on a form 4 though . and then you will also have to pay a transfer fee to the class 3  class 2   probably about $100. estimated . It's a waiting game ethier way.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:36:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Well I was thinking that if anyone sold SBR lowers It wouldnt have my name and address on it.
Any LEO's use  a SBR thats registered to them on duty?
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 9:56:45 PM EDT
[#8]
The lower carries the name and addy of the maker, which must remain on the receiver even if it changes hands..ie. I sell  my lower, my info stays on it, even though I am no longer the registered owner.
Link Posted: 10/30/2004 11:33:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Well I was thinking that if anyone sold SBR lowers It wouldnt have my name and address on it.
Any LEO's use  a SBR thats registered to them on duty?

Why yes I do. I rolled my own 11.5 using a DPMS lower and Model 1 Sales parts. It is registered to me not the department. The lightning link in it is registered to the department. Yes, we use lightning links. The council would not approve the cost of the DIAS and other components to make them run, so we went the LL route. When or if we leave the department we can keep our rifles and turn our LL's back in.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top