Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/25/2003 9:38:22 AM EDT
I came accross a picture of a very strange looking M16 that a special forces soldier is holding in Iraq.  It appears to have two barrels and two mags (side by side)but only one butt stock, one pistol grip and one forearm grip.

If someone that can post the picture will send me their Email address, I'll send it to them so they can post the picture.   Thanks
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:19:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Are you referring to a M203 grenade launcher? If not, I'm interested in seeing this pic also!
B9
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 11:20:51 AM EDT
[#2]
I scanned it from the newspaper.  I can Email but can't post pictures to this site
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 12:53:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:09:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Troy, you have mail
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:27:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Well?
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:33:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Sounds to me like an M-16 type rifle with an M-203 and something like a mag-clinch. But i'm interested in seeing it!!
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:44:28 PM EDT
[#7]
As long as it wasn't one of the Tromix   Siamese .223 thingies

[url]http://www.tromix.com/Tromix_Jackhammer.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:09:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Holy shit, that thing is crazy.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:45:31 PM EDT
[#9]
[img]www.anthonyjosephevans.com/gun/ar15/AR15Siamese223.jpg[/img]
I love how they say "for LAW ENFORCEMENT ONLY!"  I could just see this new recruit:  "But Sarge, this is useful for so many practical instances!"  hehehe.

Anthony
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#10]
What the @#$#$^%^*^*()&)^&*%&#$^%@(?!?!?!?

How would that work???????
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:54:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
What the @#$#$^%^*^*()&)^&*%&#$^%@(?!?!?!?

How would that work???????
View Quote

from the posted website:

...Siamese 223 -
The latest and most insane creation by Tromix is this Siamese 223 for LAW Enforcement only.
The synergistic exchange of gas tubes forces the expanding gasses from the lower rifle to the top rifle allowing it to cycle a cartridge into the top breach then fire when the bolt is closed. The gas from the top rifle is then sent back down to the lower rifle where the first empty round gets ejected and a new cartridge is loaded into the breach.  It is a wicked wild ride when fired FULL AUTO.
View Quote

It's pretty cool looking.. however, mag changes would be a bitch, not to mention failure of one side would effect the other.. thus = useless.

nice for a day at the range, but for a life threatening environment?  no thanks [:)]
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#12]
The Tromix gun might be useful for something along the lines of SWAT teams surronding a house/residence/building, and all unloading into it. Then the only thing that matters is rate of fire, not reliablity nor accuracy.

Sounds like a SHTF scenario to me, though...
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:06:23 PM EDT
[#13]
No useable sights! It would need a laser for sure, if you actually wanted to HIT anything.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:09:11 PM EDT
[#14]
No sights?!  No optics?!  No provision for sighted fire!?  Gives a whole new meaning to "spray and pray"

Sarge.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:27:18 PM EDT
[#15]
I won't take that weapon seriously until they include it on Grand Theft Auto Vice City.

You wouldn't need sights in that case.  Just hold L1 down while targeting...

Anthony
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:30:14 PM EDT
[#16]
You don't need sights. Put only tracers in the top magazine. Walk the rounds onto your target...
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:44:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry to keep hijacking this thread... But it passes the time as we wait on Troy...

Off the Tromix website:

[b]The Difference Between The Liberal and Conservative "Debate" Over The War On Crime: [/b]

Question:

You're walking down a deserted street with your wife and two small children. Suddenly, a dangerous looking man with a huge knife comes around the corner and is running at you while screaming obscenities. In your hand is a Glock .40 and you are an expert shot. You have mere seconds before he reaches you and your family. What do you do?

Liberal Answer:

Well, that's not enough information to answer the question! Does the man look poor or oppressed? Have I ever done anything to him that is inspiring him to attack? Could we run away? What does my wife think? What about the kids? Could I possibly swing the gun like a club and knock the knife out of his hand? What does the law say about this situation? Is it possible he'd be happy with just killing me? Does he definitely want to kill me or would he just be content to wound me? If I were to grab his knees and hold on, could my family get away while he was stabbing me? This is all so confusing! I need to debate this with some friends for a few days to try to come to a conclusion.

Conservative Answer:

BANG!

Texan's Answer:

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! click... RELOAD!!!!!

Wife: "Sweetheart, he looks like he's still moving, what do you kids think?"

Son: "Mom's right Dad, I saw it too..."

BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG! BANG!

Daughter: "Nice grouping Daddy!"

... Darn tootin'.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 7:54:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Concerning the original reason for this thread.......were these two (possible) barrels side by side or over and under?  Iv'e seen pics that could fool ya into thinking the surefire light was a side by bbl.  If ya didnt know what you were looking at!
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:13:12 PM EDT
[#19]
From what I can tell, he did say the magazines were side-by-side...

I'm thinking it's a MagCinch and an M203.

That would make the regular barrel, a large barrel underneath the rifle barrel, and two magazines side-by-side.

Needless to say, a fearful fighting package...
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:24:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
From what I can tell, he did say the magazines were side-by-side...

I'm thinking it's a MagCinch and an M203.

That would make the regular barrel, a large barrel underneath the rifle barrel, and two magazines side-by-side.

Needless to say, a fearful fighting package...
View Quote

Yep!  I would say a mag coupling system for sure.  M203 sounds like the likely bugger as you said!  PIC Pleeeaase!
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 8:36:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Alright already, let's see a pic.  I'm betting it's a VLI and mag-cinch.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 10:29:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 12:36:21 AM EDT
[#23]
S.P.O.R.T.S..............Yeah that would suck.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 1:06:05 AM EDT
[#24]
So, which half has the serial number? [:D]
Next to that Tromix AR-15 muzzle loader, that is the craziest thing I've ever seen. How's it work though is the question I'd like to know.
Since the trigger can't be connected to the top upper right?
My "theory" is the top upper has a delayed hammer fall so it will not lock the hammer back. That way, the bolt cycles, locks up, and the hammer is right behind it and fires.
So even in SEMI, you'd get 2 rounds.
The only way it stops is on the lower halfs "salvo." This could be why it is limited to LEO only due to more than one round per trigger pull is being fired.
Does it have a duel bar charging handle to chamber rounds? Why the Bull barreled upper and standard bottom? Just whatever was laying around, or a reason?
Remember all that time you guys waited for those tromix lowers? There's two of them being molested. [:D]
Or, I could be completely wrong about how it works. Looks interesting to shoot though! You can almost bet he's put two beta's on that bad boy.
-Steve
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 2:11:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Looks like something that belongs in a Photoshop contest...
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 2:34:46 AM EDT
[#26]
I like how they say, 'LE Only'.

Just what does a cop really need with THAT, let alone half of the more 'conventional' paramilitary hardware that they buy?
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 4:29:25 AM EDT
[#27]
Troy, I resent Email.  Rifle I am trying to get posted has two barrels (side by side), two mags (side by side) one buttstock.  Barrels are evenly spaced and in perfect alignment and so are mags. Looks like one rifle to me.  Picture isn't the best. Hopefully you will be able to post picture and someone will know what it is.  
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:01:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Ok. Tromix, if you are listening, listen to this.

Just because you CAN do something, that does not mean you SHOULD. That thing is stupid. Holds 6 rounds of ammunition and there is no way to aim the damn thing.

Only a moron would buy one. Only a REAL moron would make it.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:11:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Just because you CAN do something, that does not mean you SHOULD. That thing is stupid. Holds 6 rounds of ammunition and there is no way to aim the damn thing.

View Quote

[>:/]

Opinions. Everybody has one.

--LS
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:41:02 AM EDT
[#30]
[b]markd[/b]:
What paper was this picture in? Maybe it's available online somewhere.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:55:29 AM EDT
[#31]
yea i want to see.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:15:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

[>:/]

Opinions. Everybody has one.

--LS
View Quote

Ain't that the truth. How much you wanna bet he would want to fire it if he was at the range with Tony? [;)]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:16:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where did you see the 6 rounds part?

Bob
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 6:43:27 AM EDT
[#34]
Are you sure those Iraqi pictures weren't just of something eye catching but utterly impractical that Saddam had picked up on Ebay?
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 10:12:22 AM EDT
[#35]
Troy, I down sized the file so maybe now it will go through.  The picture is out of a paper called the Metro (www.metropoint.com).  It was taken by Petr Josek/Reuters.  I believe the picture is about six weeks old.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 10:20:29 AM EDT
[#36]
I feel like a stupider person for having seen that picture!
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 4:23:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 4:47:30 PM EDT
[#38]
Lol that gun is rediculous. Thought it was a photoshop at first for sure.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:28:52 PM EDT
[#39]
I wonder how difficult it is to open that thing up.  Theoretically you could put optics on the side if you changed the handguards out.  I still don't see what the purpose of that is though, it looks retarded...much cooler to just have an AR in each hand.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:30:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Troy, that is the only format I have.  I may be able to scan again in another format but everything is at work and I won't be back there until monday.  They sure looked like barrels to me.  Live and learn!  thanks Markd
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:33:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It's an M4 with a Redi-Mag (mag loaded in both mag wells), Knights RAS forend, PEQ-2 laser, Knights forward grip, and a Harris bipod.  You're seeing the bipod legs in their stowed position sticking forward.  It isn't another barrel.  And the second mag is the one in the Redi-Mag.
View Quote

Bore-ring!

I was hoping for some kind of super-tactical tactical double-barrel pump AR-18 evil black rifle Uzi autoloading carbine. Of death.

But whatever. Crush my dreams...
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 9:16:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 9:49:52 PM EDT
[#43]
okay.. dumb question.

saw a movie that had a shotgun attachment under the barrel similar to the grenade/flare launcher. Does this exist or is it just in the movies.

if it's real I WANT ONE... Now !!!.
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 10:14:20 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 12:21:44 AM EDT
[#45]
Here is a clear picture of the attached bipod.
[url]http://media.militaryphotos.net/photos/albums/Gulf_War_2_Iraqi_Freedom_Army_Special_Forces/ussf9834.jpg[/url]
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 4:55:38 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I came accross a picture of a very strange looking M16 that a special forces soldier is holding in Iraq.  It appears to have two barrels and two mags (side by side)but only one butt stock, one pistol grip and one forearm grip.

If someone that can post the picture will send me their Email address, I'll send it to them so they can post the picture.   Thanks
View Quote

Looks like a Redi-mag and a Harris Bipod not two barrels.

Mack
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:23:56 AM EDT
[#47]
you beat me  ^
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 5:27:10 AM EDT
[#48]
Oh well sweet setup anyway!

The anticipation was half the fun!
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:46:38 AM EDT
[#49]
Troy/C5TT, thanks for posting the pictures.  I guess if the newspaper hadn't cropped the picture I would have known what I was looking at. Feelin kind of dumb now........Thanks again..........Markd
Link Posted: 6/27/2003 6:48:01 AM EDT
[#50]
The 6 rounds should have been 60 rounds. My zero key has been a bit fussy lately.

I honestly would not want to fire it. Some video game producer would probably be interested in it though...
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top