Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
2/21/2020 11:35:28 PM
Posted: 10/29/2004 7:34:16 PM EST

Which is best as far as over all barrel durability?

Link Posted: 10/29/2004 7:55:58 PM EST
Stainless would be the most durable. And it won't rust...ever.

Chrome lined barrels are good because the inside won't rust. (Just found this out myself)

I think chrome moly is what most of the barrels are made from. Usually you can get chrome moly barrels chrome lined. Overall I know SS is better. Stronger and will never rust. And chrome lining is good (not needed on a SS barrel).
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:18:42 PM EST
Chrome lined will far outlast any other barrel on an AR-15. They are rumored to be slightly less accurate, but for the vast majority of shooting chrome is the only way to go.

Sarge
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:49:36 PM EST

Originally Posted By SickMAK90:
Stainless would be the most durable. And it won't rust...ever.

Chrome lined barrels are good because the inside won't rust. (Just found this out myself)

I think chrome moly is what most of the barrels are made from. Usually you can get chrome moly barrels chrome lined. Overall I know SS is better. Stronger and will never rust. And chrome lining is good (not needed on a SS barrel).

Can anyone recommend some companies to get a chrome moly barrel chrome lined? What should I expect to get this done (and done right)?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 10:06:57 PM EST
Chrome lining can't be done after the fact. The chrome is taken into account when the bore and chamber are cut. Buy a chrome barrel to begin with.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 11:41:22 PM EST
chrome lined
then stainless
then regular chromemoly
Top Top