Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/8/2003 9:59:42 AM EDT
what does the military use on their spr scopes mil dot or duplex
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 12:31:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 8:42:14 AM EDT
[#2]
If you're interested in mil-dots, I [b]highly[/b] recommend the [url=http://www.premierreticles.com/gen2.html]Gen2 Mil-dot[/url] reticle produced by [url=www.premierreticles.com]Premier Reticles[/url].  I have these in 2 rifle scopes and my spotting scope and their accuracy and ease-of-use is outstanding!  

I was milling targets Monday while a heavy wind buffeted my spotting scope, making it impossible to get a steady sight picture (imagine trying to measure something while your ruler keeps oscillating).  Despite the wind, I was able to consistantly arrive at range estimates within 5% of the actual distance, something I'd not been able to do with the standard mil-dot reticle.*  On one target my ranging error was less than [u]1%[/u] off!  Sweet.

*[i]Lots of competent shooters get great results with standard M-D reticles, so please don't think I'm making that version out to be a bad choice; it's just that the Gen2 works very well for me.[/i]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top