Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 9/15/2009 5:05:02 AM EST
Building another arf. I was contemplating on getting my upper receiver from BCM. While searching around on Spikes Tactical's website, I noticed they had their upper receivers in stock. Has anyone had any experience with them? BCM or Spikes? Not the complete upper. Just the actual upper its self.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:44:20 PM EST
I've got 3 builds with Spikes upper recievers. Good color and finish. Everything fit. Good as I can tell you. Buy with confidence.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 7:38:50 AM EST
BCM and Spikes are both excellent good-to-go products. I have 2 Spikes builds (upper and lower) and they're finish is top notch, they fit great and tight. I love Spike's products.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:19:48 AM EST
Yeah, I'm picking up my Spikes Tactical stripped lower in the morning from my neighborhood FFL holder. They seem like they have some excellent quality stuff. Now, I'm trying to make up my mind on the BCG. I know BCM obviously has a great BCG, but I've never heard anything about spikes BCG's. Good or Bad. If you can't tell, I have a sickness!!!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 11:14:02 AM EST
Originally Posted By HKJUNKY77:
Yeah, I'm picking up my Spikes Tactical stripped lower in the morning from my neighborhood FFL holder. They seem like they have some excellent quality stuff. Now, I'm trying to make up my mind on the BCG. I know BCM obviously has a great BCG, but I've never heard anything about spikes BCG's. Good or Bad. If you can't tell, I have a sickness!!!

spikes bcg's are very good as well. there was a thread on this somewhere, think in the AR Discussions area
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 2:04:26 PM EST
Check them out in the Spikes thread Industry section. They also carry Young Manufacturing BCG's
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:05:58 PM EST
IRRC Spikes said the only thing that would make a BCM or Colt etc better is that they MP test each bcg and Spikes batch test. Wouldn't scare me off though. I love Spikes stuff, have used two of their stripped uppers in my builds and was impressed. Good fit, in spec, good finish. Very nice. Cool logo too.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:50:29 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:13:37 PM EST
You guys rock.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:23:29 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/17/2009 5:24:06 PM EST by shadowcop]
I've always been very satisfied with anything I've gotton from Spikes.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 10:08:59 AM EST
I just received a 10.5" complete upper I ordered from Spikes. I couldn't be any happier with it. I haven't gotten a chance to shoot it yet but its probably the highest quality piece of AR-15 hardware I've ever laid my hands one. Spikes is completely GTG. That being said I've never had any BCM stuff and I'm sure it really good too. If you do go with Spikes you will not be disappointed.
Top Top