Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 6/2/2003 10:33:15 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/2/2003 10:34:20 AM EST by spankyscuba]
I have a sporter A1 and am looking to get a carbine buffer & spring for a telescoping stock. I think it is dpms has them but they say A2. I there a difference? Where can I get them at a good price?
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:13:24 AM EST
I think that if you are going to use a current production (newer style) telestock that the dpms should work just fine. I bought one of their car buffers and springs and they work well. If you are using a vintage sporter (original style) collapsing stock you may run into problems, I don't know. With the fixed stocks there is an a1 and a2 version but I'm pretty sure that they use the same full size buffer and spring. I don't think you have anything to worry about.
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:16:17 AM EST
I would buy it from dpms, they seem to be good quality. The generic one that I had to replace came apart in the stock tube while I was firing. It could have caused more damage than it did but I still had to replace several parts. Go with dpms
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 9:36:18 AM EST
[Last Edit: 6/3/2003 9:36:51 AM EST by Forest]
A2 buffer & spring should be the full-length items (and are identical to the ones used on the A1 buttstock - as in the M16A1). There is a heavier buffer now for the CAR/M4 telestocks but it should work fine in your older CAR stock. Buffer & spring for the telestock system are obviously shorter than the buffer & spring used in the A2 stock.
Top Top