Posted: 10/17/2008 8:14:09 PM EDT
I need a LW upper for my wife's rifle. Any recommendations
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 10:27:29 PM EDT
[#1]
YHM Smooth Carbine AR-15 Top End 4.5 Pounds

http://yankeehill.bizland.com/store/product319.html
Link Posted: 10/17/2008 10:40:47 PM EDT
[#2]
There are plenty to choose from, eg, CMMG, Del-Ton, or Bushmaster.  But with any of those, I think it would be wise to purchace them without the BCG and just go ahead and get yourself a quality/top-of-the-line LMT or BravoCompany BCG for only about $30 extra than what you would have paid for the standard BCG.  Of course, that's just my $0.02 and YMMV, etc, etc.

ETA: Either of the two linked to above would weight-in at about 3 lbs 12 oz or less (per this thread).
Link Posted: 10/18/2008 9:23:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I used a Del-Ton lightweight barrel for my recent  build.

All up weight (less sling) is 5.9 lbs. (the bottom one )

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 3:53:10 PM EDT
[#4]
PK Firearms Superlight weight bushmaster barreled upper.  Very light, Very accurate.

Link Posted: 10/18/2008 7:05:53 PM EDT
[#5]
A little less than 3.5 pounds:

CMMG lightweight 14.5" barrel with a permanent Phantom, Young N/M Light BCG, PRI FF tube, 9mm upper drilled for a gas tube and a Burris FastFire in a LaRue IronDot mount.
Link Posted: 10/19/2008 11:34:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
A little less than 3.5 pounds:
i150.photobucket.com/albums/s95/MMcfpd/lightweight_upper_01.jpg

CMMG lightweight 14.5" barrel with a permanent Phantom, Young N/M Light BCG, PRI FF tube, 9mm upper drilled for a gas tube and a Burris FastFire in a LaRue IronDot mount.
That can't be - the hole in the barrel weighs 9 pounds!!!!  hah!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top