Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/14/2004 5:59:07 PM EST
I am looking to get/build a black rifle for duty carry. I am interested in what lowers are good and what ones would be good to stay away from. I am in the process of trading a couple rifles for a bushmaster v-match upper with a colt bolt carrier group and a pentax light seeker scope......will use this upper off duty.
I would love to have something similar to the rock river arms DEA carbine for duty use....but am on a limited budget as of right now (thats why I am trading rifles for the parts)
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 11:51:15 AM EST
Bushmaster DPMS and RRA make good FORGED stripped lowers. Don't buy the cast just the forged. DPMS sells cast lowers as well as forged, I don't know if RRA sells cast or now. Bushmaster only sells forged.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 12:33:34 PM EST

Originally Posted By USMCSKI:

I would love to have something similar to the rock river arms DEA carbine for duty use....but am on a limited budget as of right now (thats why I am trading rifles for the parts)

You can get a RRA stripped lower for $90-100. Check the equipment exchange. There are a few new guys that are supposed to be good quality but for the life of me, I can't remeber who they are.

Oh, yeah, Stag arms... Grizzley...

Then there is always DPMS, Bushmaster, but those will be more expensive.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 3:21:28 AM EST
OK...got a bushmaster lower.....where can I get am upper similar to the RRA DEA carbine? what should I expect to spend on one?
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:24:49 AM EST
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 10:29:38 AM EST
Just curious; what's wrong with a cast lower? A forged lower might be preferred over a cast one. I've well used an Essential Arms (preban; cast?) and had no problems what-so-ever with it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:14:45 AM EST
i think the rifleman said that because the lower isn't a stressed part, casting is all right.

is this gun going to save your ass?

how much of a cost difference is your life worth?

spend the extra $
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 12:02:33 PM EST
get a forged lower, and crome lined barrel

bushy or rra and selected dpms
Top Top