Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/22/2004 6:27:31 PM EST
Well I was out firing one of my bushies and a couple other guns at the range this past weekend and I learned something new.

1. I've always used the factory hammer and trigger pins, and never even thought to swap them out with better ones. But a guy I know at the range asked if I had ever used stainless pins. Well he had an extra set unused and let me try them out, and said if I liked them to keep them. Well let me tell you they did make a difference. Not a huge difference, but the new stainless pins definitely made my trigger pull smoother.

2. I also realized that having a good sling and using it the proper way when shooting makes a world of difference. This is something I've never put much emphasis on.

3. Nose to charging handle is also very important, and I finally got in the habit of doing it.

4. FSP adjustment tool is a must have

5. Something extra: bumping my AK still gives me a hard-on.

Lucky for me I was being coached by the best shooters in the area, and I soaked in much more info than I could have ever imagined in just one day. In just that day, my shooting improved 100%.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:04:18 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/23/2004 3:04:45 AM EST by mr_wilson]
The 15 minute Trigger Job wouldn't hurt your trigger none either and btw, there's a FSP adjusting tool at the tip end of every M193 round.....

Mike
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:07:24 PM EST

Originally Posted By mr_wilson:
The 15 minute Trigger Job wouldn't hurt your trigger none either and btw, there's a FSP adjusting tool at the tip end of every M193 round.....

Mike

I know I've never tried the 15 min trigger job but it's on my list. As far as using a bullet tip, it's never worked for me. It only scratches my FSB.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:10:04 PM EST
Where can I find more info on the 15 minute trigger job????
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:11:58 PM EST

Originally Posted By Jivana108:

Here you go: 15 minute trigger job
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:35:31 PM EST
I need a 15 minute blow job.

Hey, those brass 'scratches' on your front sight post aren't really scratches, they'll come off.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 8:58:56 PM EST
Don't forget about considering JP yellow springs either. ~$13 upgrade.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:57:09 PM EST

Originally Posted By Engineer:

Originally Posted By Jivana108:

Here you go: 15 minute trigger job

I just tried it on my rifle... I like it
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 1:38:17 AM EST

Originally Posted By mr_wilson:there's a FSP adjusting tool at the tip end of every M193 round.....

iirc, it was designed to be adjusted with a bullet. As was the take down pins & bolt parts. A bullet is first choice, firing pin (extra!) is second.

But if you are dead set on spending $5 or $10 for one, check to make sure whether you need a 4 prong or 5 prong.

Top Top