Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2010 10:19:59 AM EDT
somebody gave me one in the wrap, a few years ago. i put it on a shelf, and have not touched it since, as comps are so loud. after reading all the current hype on the battlecomp , i got to wondering about the smith comp. anybody use one?? loud??? manage any recoil??? after all, it's free––––thanks in advance
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 4:41:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe the Sonia Sommers-designed (a really hot babe) Flash Hider is actually called the Vortex.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:58:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Had the Smith comp.  Reduces muzzle rise.  To me it didn't seem to affect recoil.  Has a sharp report that hurts if you're a bystander, the shooter doesn't notice it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:36:00 AM EDT
[#3]
i guess the best way to find out, is take it to the range and install for side-by-side testing.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:07:49 PM EDT
[#4]
you will not make any friends at the range! but, if you need a comp on a 223, i think they have been proven to work well.

ETA: i had one of these on a ban era QPC rifle. trying to shoot next to it was imposable. the thing would rattle your teeth, blow your targets of your bench, and give you a bit of peppering. shooting outside and your the one with the rifle it was not so bad. this was on a 16in heavy barrel with an a2 stock. I don't know that it did any good, but there was a tread with a testing of various comps and i think it did fair to good. I had it for aesthetics for such a wrong looking rifle.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 10:08:37 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
you will not make any friends at the range! but, if you need a comp on a 223, i think they have been proven to work well.

this is why it has never been installed. i ordered a battlecomp, after all the latest hype, just remembered having this one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top