Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/4/2003 1:19:11 PM EDT
I'm looking at a preban 20" that is s/n MH something. It is definitely preban but I don't remember the serial number, just that it starts with MH. At least that's what I recall. The barrel is marked out in front of the handguards with something like C MP 5.56 etc. and what I want to know is if anyone knows definitely if this is large or small pin. If I get it I want to put my Dissipator upper on it until I can get another short upper. Thanks for any help on this.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:31:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no idea [:)]

Since it is a "Match" serial number, it is likely a small pin, but Colt did all kinds of mixing and matching, so your best bet is to open up the rifle and measure the pivot.  Small is 0.25", large 0.315" or so.

Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:33:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like a Match H-bar...I had one awhile back and it was a large pin.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 2:34:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Need more info

[url]http://www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/[/url]
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top