Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 4/2/2006 10:37:50 AM EDT
Looking for a good sling for my SPR but there are billions out there and I can't really decide. I have a LMT SOCOM stock and a KAC FF RAS fore end.

What would you think?
Link Posted: 4/2/2006 12:57:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 7:52:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I could use a sling for multiple reasons. A a single pt could work, but a single pt id most likely have get a different plate. I'm just wondering what your personal favorite might be and what would work with a SOPMOD stock and a RAS system.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 12:23:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you wanting the sling as a means of carrying the rifle, or do you intend on using it to brace for position shooting?  Will you be carrying it over long distances?  Do you anticipate the possibility of transitions or off-shoulder shooting?  Need to get in and out of vehicles or confined spaces slung up?  Need to be able to go prone slung up?  Need one sling for several weapons?  All of these are factors.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 2:29:47 PM EDT
[#4]
carrying the rifle, long distances, prone slung up; and possibly transitions or off-shoulder shooting and confined spaces slung up.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:02:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:39:31 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Have you taken a look at the IDF style slings?

+1
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 4:48:13 AM EDT
[#7]
IDF?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:50:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 11:26:17 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
carrying the rifle, conventional carry-strap long distances three-point, IDF, carry-strap (less so), prone slung up conventional carry-strap or leather sling, some three points will prohibit prone shooting; and possibly transitions or off-shoulder shooting and confined spaces slung up. single point, SOME three-points (but not as well and some will prohibit it)

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top