Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/27/2003 5:31:38 PM EDT
What is the best way to mount a sling on a freefloat hand guard?
Link Posted: 9/28/2003 5:47:57 AM EDT
[#1]
First question, what type of handguard?  

If you have rails on it, KAC and others make some great sling mounts.  If it is a tubular aluminum type, drill a hole and install an Uncle Mike's stud.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 10:35:03 AM EDT
[#2]
The least aggravating fix is to put a GG&G "Sling Thing" on your front sight (assuming you still have your front sight).

It balances the gun beutifully when slung and contrary to what you might believe by looking at one, it won't interfer with your view at all.

Luck,

SD
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 10:43:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The least aggravating fix is to put a GG&G "Sling Thing" on your front sight (assuming you still have your front sight).
View Quote

That would make the free-float tube kinda worthless, wouldn't it?
Link Posted: 10/11/2003 7:37:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's how I 'did' mine.Using Uncle Mikes QD hardware/swivels sold for the 870 Police.
[img]http://community.webshots.com/s/image4/2/90/39/70929039GGCswi_ph.jpg [/img]
I  tapped the handguard,threaded the 'female' portion(socket) of the QD,and threaded/locktited it together.
Holds up real well.

[img]http://community.webshots.com/s/image5/0/56/88/66405688ZmwSrl_ph.jpg[/img]

I've done a little work on her lately,but in this old pic you can see the rear slinmount.
BulletcatchR
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top