BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/13/2005 8:23:38 AM EDT
mainly wwb ammo they carry and why people hate to buy it there

i buy alot of things there they do make the dollar go farther.............

wife 3 kids and modest public saftey salery need to strech that dollar out................................

and yes i do pick up ammo there when they have it
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:27:55 AM EDT
[#1]
It's mostly chinese garbage.

They tend to crush out the mom-n-pop businesses.

Their music sections are selective in that they carry primarily country and edited versions of pop music.  

Their purchasing power alone has incredible sway in international finance.

They're a big target.

Pick whatever you like, and apply liberally.

Personally, I think it's just sort of strange to have an entity of such size without it's own standing army.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:40:15 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Their music sections are selective in that they carry primarily country and edited versions of pop music.  

They're a big target.

Personally, I think it's just sort of strange to have an entity of such size without it's own standing army.

i can see that......but they are not the only company to do that also all of the larger ones do.....

this is the way of the world now"not sayin its right just that its the way it is"
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:52:46 AM EDT
[#3]
And this has what to do with ammo?

This isn't GD - in the Tech forums you are required to stay ON TOPIC!
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:01:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:08:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
And this has what to do with ammo?

This isn't GD - in the Tech forums you are required to stay ON TOPIC!

He didn't say so, but I wonder if he's alluding to the inexpensive WWB ammo.  Stuff is great for plinking.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 10:13:45 AM EDT
[#6]
last line of post i mention ammo and topic heading i state off topic.........

but mostly its about wwb ammo and people saying they would never shop at wall mart.....

just courious as to why thats all..............................
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:18:15 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't believe in welfare, I buy from the person who gives me the best product for the best price.  Sometimes that's joe schmoe from the gunshow, sometimes that's walmart.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:28:37 AM EDT
[#8]

I liked the Sam Walton Wal-Mart (when you could buy stuff made in America) more than I like the current Wal-Mart.

Having said that, the jar of Honey i bought last night cost $5.96.  The same jar costs almost $8 at Kroger's.  I will shop where my dollar goes the furthest.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:06:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Mainly because most people do not understand economics.

Add to that being emotional and you get most of the WalMart bashing.

There is a difference between those types and the ones who just don't like the service or the crowded stores.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:08:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I avoid Wal-mart for my gun needs. If I have to pay extra for ammo at one of my local gun shops I will. Otherwise I buy my ammo off the net.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:48:41 PM EDT
[#11]
It has to do with the shit they give you when you buy a brick of 22 ammo "how come you need all of that ammo, going to war or something" or the classic, your buying handgun ammo, "is that going to be use for a rifle or pistol" who cares, its none of your Fn business.

all in all they treat you like a F'n BG if you buy more than 50 rounds at a time
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:57:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
It has to do with the shit they give you when you buy a brick of 22 ammo "how come you need all of that ammo, going to war or something" or the classic, your buying handgun ammo, "is that going to be use for a rifle or pistol" who cares, its none of your Fn business.

all in all they treat you like a F'n BG if you buy more than 50 rounds at a time

which is why I love my local funshop.
They know me by my first name and don't ask stupid questions like that.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:38:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Just ask the Zitfaced "expert in the blue vest what the difference between 30-06 and .308 Win. is.....

Wal-Mart debases the long standing tradition of the local gun shop, the local small engine shop, and just about every other "Custom" shop available localy.

Wal-Mart is the Icon that represents the "Dumbing down" of our populace.

Ask any person in a small town that used to have 2 hardware stores, 2 Gun shops, a sporting goods store, a Shoe store, and a clothing store....

Some chineese dude is getting rich right now while neighbors are looking for employment, and now everyone is dressed the same.

Wal-Mart iscomplete BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read Sam Waltons book.

What is going on right now, was never the old mans intention.

For a glimpse of Wal-Mart, just call and explain that the budget priced mower ya bought ain't working and now thanks to Wal-Marttaking over there is NOT a single small engine shop within 30 miles to service the asian crap that failed you.

Expect apologies.
And no substance.

Also expect folks from outside your community to be the ones you are dealing with.

They might have a southern or northern accent, but make no mistake.
They are from Wall St.
And they Damn sure ain't your neighbor.

S-28
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:59:32 PM EDT
[#14]
My economics requires me to shop for the best price whether it be Wal Mart or online. I refuse to pay more for priciple, maybe when I have more money to throw away... Hell no I will use that money for more toys...
I have went the other route and supported the "little guy" but when things went bad or when I needed something did they ever support me. Usually not...
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:42:00 PM EDT
[#15]
exactly bchboy.  Walmart never gives me trouble with a return.  Smaller stores always do because they can't absorb the hit.  

While some disenfranchised people may whine about competition, I find it funny these people are usually the first to exclaim the virtues of freedom.  How easy it is to forget that the USA was founded on principles of the free market and meritocracy.  

Jesus, you can buy a DVD player for less than $50 now, I don't care who made it.  If some poor guy in another country was willing to work his butt off to sell it that price, more power to him.  I'm not here to subsidize shoddy work, I stopped that a long time ago when my family kept buying GM cars and they kept dying.  Then I learned in engineering school that they were deliberately designing the cars to fail after warranties were up to keep the revenue coming.  

If there aren't any small engine repair shops anymore, maybe it's because competition has forced the manufacturers to make better engines or Walmart has gotten them so cheap, you can just buy another one.  Either way works for me.

And if anybody relies on a salesman to educate you on what ammo to buy(or anything else for that matter) , you got bigger problems.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:08:14 PM EDT
[#16]
yep
Walmart is "the great satan" to other businesses just like America is "the great satan" to other countries.  It's really simple jealousy for success along with a little anger because the less efficient business can't keep up.  Some people call that a bad thing, but I like to think of it as competetion.  Competetion is good for the consumer.  
I will agree that a TON of what WM sells is junk.  That's why you get some things there and you still go to the specialty shop to get other things.  No way I would purchase tools at WM, or clothes, or shoes, or golf equipment....I could go on.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:17:14 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

They're a big target.

You have heard of Capitolism yes?  The same fucks who protests thier opening are shopping their a week later.  Service at any WalMart is horrible that goes without saying, but money does go farther thier.  10-20 cents saving on every item adds up up when you buy a cartload at a time.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:33:12 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Just ask the Zitfaced "expert in the blue vest what the difference between 30-06 and .308 Win. is.....

Wal-Mart debases the long standing tradition of the local gun shop, the local small engine shop, and just about every other "Custom" shop available localy.

Wal-Mart is the Icon that represents the "Dumbing down" of our populace.

Ask any person in a small town that used to have 2 hardware stores, 2 Gun shops, a sporting goods store, a Shoe store, and a clothing store....

Some chineese dude is getting rich right now while neighbors are looking for employment, and now everyone is dressed the same.

Wal-Mart iscomplete BULLSHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Read Sam Waltons book.

What is going on right now, was never the old mans intention.

For a glimpse of Wal-Mart, just call and explain that the budget priced mower ya bought ain't working and now thanks to Wal-Marttaking over there is NOT a single small engine shop within 30 miles to service the asian crap that failed you.

Expect apologies.
And no substance.

Also expect folks from outside your community to be the ones you are dealing with.

They are from Wall St.

BTW, I have heard a lot of expert vendors at GUNSHOWS not know shit either...
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:06:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Expect apologies.
And no substance.

They are from Wall St.

S-28

Fortunately, they have an excellent return policy, so instead of looking for a mechanic who can look under the hood of my mower, I can just go back to china-mart and exchange it for a new one.

<--loves winchester value-packs.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:30:34 PM EDT
[#20]
I think the fact that 80% of their products are made in China.
Helping to prop up the Totalitarian Communist Regime
doesn't rate very high in my book...

myit
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 11:49:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Simple:

Everytime I've bought ammo there, when I ask for Mini-Mags...they hand me .22mag, not .22LR. Whenever I ask for .22mag, they hand me Mini-Mags. They even argue with me, trying to convince me that this is what I asked for. After the hassle, they ask me if I am sure - or I ask them to show me the box so that I look at it and tell them YES, this is what I want so that they can feel reassured that I am buying what I asked for. And they just nod their heads and sell it (probably thinking I am buying the wrong stuff in their mind). Almost always they tell me there are no returns on ammo....LOL.

Now, if I am further out of the heavily populated areas, at a rural Wal*Mart, no problems. The old retired guys working there are totally in the know. Those Wal*Marts are totally stocked in a significantly larger variety of calibers also. Stuff you'd be amazed to find sold at a Wal*Mart.

One time, I actually tried to buy a rifle there. WOW, big mistake. Unless you get a competent manager (and even they are clueless) forget about even attempting. I actually dealt with it because they had a very good price on a certain rifle. I filled out the form and gave it to them (it took 15 minutes to find one). Guy told me that guns they order require 50% up front. I said ok. Then the guy says they can't order a gun past 4:00pm and that the manager has to do it. I asked when he will be in. That was another mystery. He said I have to pay half when it gets ordered and that I should wait for manager. I asked how long it would take once ordered. He said 5 days, then a 3 day wait. I said I have a CWP and that bypasses waiting periods. He looked at me with a blank stare, then said after it comes in the store, I have to wait 3 days. Forget CWP, if you do the NICS or whatever at purchase time, the waiting is over by the time the rifle comes anways....

I come back the next day. Find the manager. Tell him what is going on etc... He says ok. He goes searching for the 4433 form. Can't find it. Note that I watched the other guy place it into a specific folder in a specific cabinet. Manager was in the same place. Checked 3 times to find it. It was gone, they lost it. He hands me a new one - I just walked out. Note that I was extremely friendly the whole time to both people and never showed even a hint of aggravation. So they weren't being dicks to me because I was being a bad customer.

A week later I found that same rifle in a local gunshop. It was more money, but it wasn't so much that it was a big deal. I bought it right there and was out same day. Whole process took 20 minutes. (I tried the Wal*Mart route because in most cases the local gun shops are literally 200% more expensive than Wal*Mart and sometimes worse - grossly overpriced). Not this time though.

I've never had a problem buying 9mm 100 rd value packs. So there is some hope.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:16:11 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Very true, just like when Japan was moving the US out of a production economy in the 80s, people were screaming that the sky was falling and fantasizing about nuking them again, well things turned out pretty good in the 90s.  A little education will teach people you don't need to have a production economy to have a healthy economy.  There will be some shuffling around but if you can't adapt, you don't deserve my money.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:42:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Chinese commie crap for American low-lifes. Employees I pity and I know use "no insurance" emergency room visits for all their medical care. (why your health insurance costs are skyrocketing, or your emergency room wait is getting longer if you work there).

I always gear up when I head to that shit hole for my little "check-in" with the face of the American "nation".

Third World Mart right here in the US for all our third world "citizens".

All these a-holes saying its complex economics you couldn't understand. Horse shit.

It is Wal-Mart/Wall Street selling-out the American Worker/Manufacturer/Retailer while they become zillionaires while making Chinese Communists stronger. (China is a big part of why gas prices are headed through the roof).

We have seen times like these before in America. Only problem is, now the electorate is too clueless to do anything about it.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:20:32 AM EDT
[#24]
I like Walmart.

Until I had one in my town, there was no ammo except very very overpriced ammo in a small gun store operated by a rude jerkoff, and he carried NO plinking ammo.

Now, I can buy bricks of .22, 9mm by the bulk pack, cleaning stuff and even a gun if I want.

There's lots of American made products there, including that ammo. I don't HAVE to buy Chinese stuff, ya know. Oh, and Walmart didn't kill any small stores in my town. What they DID do is bring in a whole shitload of new stores and a few restaurants.

If they've ruined the world, they made my little piece of it better.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:23:19 AM EDT
[#25]
If ya like high gas prices keep buying at wallmart. Your sending your cash to China where the standard of living now allows them to buy cars and now we are competing with them for gas. Same holds true for many natural resources.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:41:01 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
If ya like high gas prices keep buying at wallmart. Your sending your cash to China where the standard of living now allows them to buy cars and now we are competing with them for gas. Same holds true for many natural resources.

So, no other chain stores buy alot of Chinese goods?

Dang, learn something new every day.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:31:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Wally world is by far the largest. The have also put several American companies out of business. Wall Mart is not you friend ... it is a black hole sucking up American jobs.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:18:52 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Wally world is by far the largest. The have also put several American companies out of business. Wall Mart is not you friend ... it is a black hole sucking up American jobs.

Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:22:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Besides all that's been said:

We have Super Targets and Walmart's in my area.  Walmart's are simply shit-holes compared to the alternatives.  This just may be in my area, but there dirty, narrow aisled stores.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:37:14 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
All these a-holes saying its complex economics you couldn't understand. Horse shit.

Just a personal observation:  If a lot of backwards people call something "horseshit," it's gotta be credible.  Things like evolution, "plastic" guns (at first), hybrid vehicles, etc... all referred to as horseshit by the cognitively challenged
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 3:48:06 PM EDT
[#31]

I hate walmart because they treated me like a terrorist when I wanted to buy more than a box of 223 winchester white box years ago.  Then there was the time I exchanged a cleaning kit because my wife bought a 45 and I wanted a 9mm.  The clerk though I was going to hold up a convience store.  Added to that they have staff that went nuts when I was looking lor a sling for my Heckler and Koch G3.  I swear they were going to call homeland security when I showed a magazine ad from Century arms.   That's why I hate them.  If you';re looking for ammo, get it online.  It's cheaper and you get it delivered to your door, that leaves more time for shooting.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:41:07 PM EDT
[#32]
because the yellow man is keeping me down.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:37:40 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

So, if Walmart is not you friend, then who is?

Who, if Walmart went out of business, would not step up and take their business model and run with it? It's not like KMart didn't try, it's not like Costco or Target or Meijer don't want their market.

Did you see the South Park about Walmart? If not, watch it.

It's also worth noting, that nearly every successful company puts another out of business.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:37:10 AM EDT
[#34]
I dislike Wal-Mart because of the way they play to the liberals in MA!   Sam Walton was an outdoor enthusiast and so was the store at one time and may be in other states. But they have stores with out guns or ammo in MA, just depends on how loud the town screams.  If he was an outdoorsman and has that much clout then he should say screw them, there is nothing wrong with shooting and buying/owning guns.  I will buy ammo if its cheap in the stores that do carry it. I have found the 40 rd WWB of 45 gr HP are $13.97 at walmart and $12.50 at gunshop. But I did buy about 4 cases of ammo once during there SILENT clearance sale when they are clearinf old ammo out for new stuff. I bout mostly shotgun shells for $2-3 a box!!! And nobody questioned or looked at me funny, even with a Whole shooping cart filled with over 100 lbs of ammo.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:19:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Once when I was 16 years old and I bought a folding knife at Sears the clerk looked at me funny. I'll never shop at Sears again. Target doesn't carry guns I can't shop there. Kmart sells Chinese junk, I can't shop there. Walmart is definitely out because they are big and bad and mean and they have narrow aisles so FUCK THEM TOO!!! I'm not shopping anywhere anymore! Anyone want a hair shirt?

I hope those of you that "boycott" Walmart for whatever reason realize that you are in the same boat with far left wackos and big labor. Give it a rest, every store sells Chinese stuff, check the labels in ANY store. Don't blame Walmart blame the democrat party for making this country so hostile to do business in that it's a no-brainer to move overseas. I can make the best widget here in the US and price it at $1.00. But once it's in a store next to a Chinese widget that does the same job that for $.50 which one will you buy? I try and buy stuff made in the US or by one of our allies, I avoid Chinese made stuff not because it is necessarily crap but because they are our enemy!

Noone is forcing anyone to shop at Walmart, if you like mom & pop shops, great, SHOP THERE! If enough people make the same choice then there is no problem. If not, should we subsidize the small business? Should we ban competition. When you shop online aren't you hurting the mom and pop stores? Let's ban the internet! We are in a mostly free market economy, that is why we have such a strong economy. If you want protectionism look at France and Germany with their 12 & 13% unemployment rates, low standard of living and house of cards entitlement systems to see how well it works.

Put the childish emotions aside for a moment, apply basic economic principles and you will be able to understand it logically and not just to react emotionally to what you feel about Walmart.

Do they have crappy customer service? Yes. Do they pack too much crap in the aisles? Yes. Do they sell a lot of Chinese crap? Yes. Do they carry everything I need? No. Do they have great prices on some things I want to buy? Yes. Can I go there tonight on my way home and get a 100 round box of Winchester 230 grain, FMJ w/ reloadable brass for under $20? Yes! Enough said.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:42:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Well, I work at a walmart.

The ONLY good part about the job is the extra 10% off of most things.

Since I'd be spending my money there anyway (gotta stretch money as far as I can so I can get everything paid off, and be completely debt free.  That means I buy cheap if I have to and do without whenever I can) I might as well enjoy the discount.

Add to that the fact that you can actually find decent stuff if you look around (like the ammo for example), and the fact that even the decent stuff is cheaper than you'd find it almost anywhere else, and its not hard to see why walmart and stores like it (target, and once up on a time kmart) are so prevalent.

As for the comment about the kid behind the counter explaining difference between cartridges, I've been in several gunshops with the same types of equally clueless kids behind the counter, and several more where the OWNER is the clueless one.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:23:24 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Well, I work at a walmart.

The ONLY good part about the job is the extra 10% off of most things.

Since I'd be spending my money there anyway (gotta stretch money as far as I can so I can get everything paid off, and be completely debt free.  That means I buy cheap if I have to and do without whenever I can) I might as well enjoy the discount.

Add to that the fact that you can actually find decent stuff if you look around (like the ammo for example), and the fact that even the decent stuff is cheaper than you'd find it almost anywhere else, and its not hard to see why walmart and stores like it (target, and once up on a time kmart) are so prevalent.

As for the comment about the kid behind the counter explaining difference between cartridges, I've been in several gunshops with the same types of equally clueless kids behind the counter, and several more where the OWNER is the clueless one.

Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:58:19 PM EDT
[#38]
I now dislike even more because they have indefinitly stops sales of guns and ammunition in LA.

I take my less than a mile down the road to Academy now
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:17:01 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I now dislike even more because they have indefinitly stops sales of guns and ammunition in LA.

I take my less than a mile down the road to Academy now

Damn it, I now have some justification for stocking up on so much ammo.  "Wife, I need to buy more ammo 'cause Walmart will stop selling it whe the SHTF"
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:19:52 PM EDT
[#40]
The Chinese are probably the biggest suppliers of Wal-Mart merchandise, but some people fail to recognize that canned goods, meats, fruits and vegetables, Pringles, Doritos, breakfast cereals, breads, milk, Coke, Pepsi, medicines, toiletries, tires, oils, etc., are made in the US.  There are also other countries that supply Wal-Mart, albeit in smaller volumes, and I think we should look at the bigger picture here.  It's not just guns and ammo that we buy at Wal-Mart.  We go there to shop for our daily needs which are far more important than ammo, in my case.

That is why Wal-Mart can lower prices because they buy in large quantities - and regularly from their suppliers.   They could negoitiate for a better price in return.   It's not always the Chinese that benefit from it.  Think about manufacturing firms in the US that have Wal-Mart as their customers.  These firms are assured that their factories will run at a desired capacity in order to be profitable.  And this translates to job security for the employees of these factories.  When these factory employees have job security, then, they can put more money for their personal disposable income.  This is what makes the economy run.  Remember, that food that is mostly made in the US (because they are perishable, or semi-perishable), is on the top of the list of every level-headed individual.   We take this for granted, but that's reality.

Don't blame Wal-Mart.  They just happen to have an efficient procurement and distribution system that made them profitable, and the savings they made are passed on the consumer in the form of lower prices.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 8:49:22 AM EDT
[#41]
I just can't stand the fact that nobody, NOBODY! will put the dang carts back in the rack in the parking lot.  What the heck!  Is it that hard?  Does the cart-dodging to find a parking place remind them of the demolition derby?  

Anyway, you can always find cheap 22lr there for the kids, nice since Dicks (motto: we're Dicks!) stopped carrying hunting supplies and the Bass Pro is across town.  

As for the chinese issue, I am torn between aiding a known communist enemy, versus the probability that they are less likely to engage in nuclear sabre rattling once they all have microwave popcorn and are watching Ally McBeal re-runs on the wide screen (as opposed to scraping the yak crap from between their toes after a 16 hour day in the fields).

Load up the B-52s with DVD players and bomb them into the middle class.  Of course the cost of cheap tools will go up.
----
Edited to raise the spelling level from 5th grade to 8th grade --HWK
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:56:21 AM EDT
[#42]
Maybe we have a Chinese goods Walmart because of what we've become.  Technology has helped us become less dependent on manufacturing and agricultural systems that use a lot of human labor.  Does anyone really envy the Chinese person sewing together crappy back packs for 12-14 hours a day?  Do we really want that manufacturing job back?  Maybe we should force all of the lawyers, salesmen, and other service oriented personnel onto riveting assembly lines.....would that fix things?  We could say that we boosted manufacturing jobs.  We lost a lot of those jobs and import a lot of that crap for reasons other than we're lazy, stupid, or Walmart is evil and is trying to destroy us.  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:05:25 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So, no other chain stores buy alot of Chinese goods?

Dang, learn something new every day.

No shit, me too.  I thought it was all Bush's fault
So what if Wal-Mart offers a "cheaper" solution, its how they stay in business and compete.  I call it Smart business myself.

I just hate em becuase Kyle and Stand do too.....
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:28:32 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As some others have mentioned, several companies have suffered greatly due to Walmart - I believe Vlassic Pickles and Campbell's Soup are 2 companies that would fold over night if Walmart changed to a different supplier, since 80% of their business comes from there - why?  Because they got in so deep with them that they can't back out.  It probably does not matter, since every year Walmart hits their profit margin a little, so eventually they will fold anyway.

And I can tell you for a fact that they are pushing jobs out of the US - mine in fact.

Some of their largest suppliers are being forced to comply with their rules if they want to do business with them, but they can't raise their prices to counteract their own increased costs (or Walmart will find the product elsewhere).  We sell machinery to these companies (Charmin, Bounty, Kraft Mac-N-Cheese, .......) and they are forcing us to drop our prices to help them out.  So what did we do -  outsourced the building of the machinery to INDIA!!!.  I design the stuff, but soon that will be over there too.  If we said no to these customers they would go somewhere else and we would be out of business too.  Eventually we will go under anyway, since all the jobs will be overseas.

It is a big trickle down effect and the cause is Walmnart - And NO, I don't shop there for anything!!!!!

I don't think it takes a great understanding of Economics to know that a lot of money is going overseas due to the success of a company like this - Spend your money in a company with some respect for your country.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 11:44:20 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just a personal observation:  If a lot of backwards people call something "horseshit," it's gotta be credible.  Things like evolution, "plastic" guns (at first), hybrid vehicles, etc... all referred to as horseshit by the cognitively challenged

You ain't snookering me on econ. As the owner of two consecutively numbered VP70's I must say horse shit again to your incorrect assumptions.

We call hybrid drivers "salsa" after a wreck, as that is about all that remains. Curb weight equals survival and I can afford the fuel.

Evolution...I'm happy to put you in a cage with an ornery chimp so you may discuss your mutual ancestry.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:56:09 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
You ain't snookering me on econ..... Curb weight equals survival and I can afford the fuel..

Oh this is rich, the same people that are complaining about Walmart "causing" higher fuel prices and whining about sending your money overseas to "hostile" countries are the ones bragging about driving gas guzzlers, LOL!  If only people like you had the brains to realize you do more damage to yourself than any Walmart shopping tree hugger ever couldhort,

Evolution...I'm happy to put you in a cage with an ornery chimp so you may discuss your mutual ancestry.

Just as I suspected:)
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:11:28 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Chinese commie crap for American low-lifes. Employees I pity and I know use "no insurance" emergency room visits for all their medical care. (why your health insurance costs are skyrocketing, or your emergency room wait is getting longer if you work there).

You are actually, mostly, dead wrong here... health care costs are rising mostly because of rising insurance costs for doctors, which is due to our lawsuit-happy ways here in America... and also IMHO the "commercialization" of healthcare... How many adds for perscription drugs do you see on TV these days? The days of the family Doctor having a private practice are pretty much over.

And ARO, if you invited me over t your house, I bet I could find more than one item you own that was made in China, or some place besides the USA...

Its a world economy... and free trade only works if its free...
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 12:44:30 AM EDT
[#48]
IMO

It is the "company store" of third world America.

A store front with thousands and thousands of cargo ships from China behind the facade (like some Western movie set).

That smiling yellow face from their ads is more accurate than you want to know.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:44:47 PM EDT
[#49]
At walmart , if you go back the last few years the quality roll back has tripled the price roll back. In other words, you can buy a toaster for 7bucks, but your bread gets stuck in that little cage, your bread gets toasted on one side twice as much as the other, inconsistant from one slice to the other, the adjustment is screwy, etc....you have to live with it because theres no quality alternative because the manufacturer can only survive by super mass production. And wal mart has tightened the return policy as a result.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:56:08 PM EDT
[#50]
The green box .223 is a freakin flamethrower. The guy next to me was using it and I couldn't believe the fireball in broad daylight.

A guy a couple lanes down was shooting the white box stuff. It smelled like chemical death...noxious as hell.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Ammunition
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top