Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/1/2005 10:20:38 AM EDT
Where does a guy go about getting one of these and which ones do you guys reccomend?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:26:04 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:44:03 AM EDT
www.eaglefirearms.net/Daniel%20Defense.htm

The Daniel Defense mount is the best.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:50:40 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:12:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/1/2005 11:14:34 AM EDT by jrs93accord]
I bought the following sling adapter from Spectergear (www.spectergear.com/mout_sling.htm) along with my M.O.U.T. sgl. pt. sling.

G. G. & G. M-4 / CAR-15 Receiver Sling Mount (www.cqbsolutions.com/slingacc.htm)
(Rectangular Type)
Allows receiver side mounting of our CQB, SOP and HST slings on collapsible stock M-4/CAR-15 type weapons. Right hand and left hand specific versions are available.

Note: While this is an easily accomplished, non-permanent modification of the weapon, qualified armorer/gunsmith installation is recommended.

Right Hand
(For right handed shooters, loop extends off to the left side of the weapon)
Product # 162 RH
Price - $ 25.00

Left Hand
(For left handed shooters, loop extends off to the right side of the weapon)
Product # 162 LH
Price - $ 25.00

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:15:36 AM EDT
I got one from bushmaster it has on both sides a HK hook and a sling slot.they have others and are about $10-15 dollars.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:00:15 PM EDT
thanks for all the suggestions guys i appreciate it.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:19:26 PM EDT
Have you ever used one?
Unless you have a reason, single point slings are kind of annoying with AR's (my opinion, I realize)
But there is no way you can move around, hands-off the AR.
It hangs straight down, and bounces of your legs (hurts like hell), or scrapes the muzze in the ground.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:07:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/1/2005 2:09:20 PM EDT by C4iGrant]
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 2:18:50 PM EDT
I'm with Grant
Unless you do a lot of walking/patroling with an AR, the 3 point is kind of a mess, gets tangled up on your gear and can be overly complex. I think most shooters would actually benifit from a single point sling as it is SIMPLE..one loop with a Buckle and has one attachment point. they don't get hung up as much and with the correct technique(Turning the carbine inboard during transition) they stay put quite nicely.

As to what is the best, There's one I've never heard before. I''ll tell ya what I run and why. it's a Wilderness single point. it has one simple buckle and is KISS simple and build with solid materials, and I run a DD Burnseed Plate. Again KISS simple, beveled to minimize wear on the sling and angled downward to prevent your knuckle from getting raked open during charging and vigorous Immediate action drills on hands with no gloves.

Troy and CSM gear make nice Slings as well and GG&G plates are well thought of as well. Get on C4 Grant's website and he will hook you up as he's a good guy and a paying Dealer board member.......
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:46:02 PM EDT
The Kac # 22051 is a great single point mount ,if you can find one.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 8:40:41 PM EDT
I have plans to make some sling plates in near future. When plates are ready I´ll post ad in EE.

These are made from 3 mm cold rolled sheet with CNC driven laser cutter, bead plasted and manganese phosphatized.

RH, LH and ambi models will be available.

Pics from last batch I made:

Anyone interested email me markus_nurmi (REMOVE) @hotmail.com

MN

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:36:26 PM EDT
I have the GG&G single point plate with a BlackHawk singlepoint sling. The sling has the snap hooks which release very quickly there is bungee material that connects the hooks to the sling so you can have the sling a little tighter and allow for the weapon to be pushed into your shoulder tighter for more stability. I looked around, and this was the best system I could find, IMO. I like the single point for walking/patroling. Its awesome with the weapon catch which allows you to secure your weapon to your waist with the ability to access it quickly. Its nice to have the weapon out of the way so you can have hands free to transition to another weapon or to make a sandwich. The single point is the only way to go for a carbine, IMO. Check out the Blackhawk unit that I have, its tits.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 2:13:38 AM EDT
www.gggaz.com/products/rnp_sa.php

I like the ambi-loop for HK style clips.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:56:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By LoneWolf3:
The Kac # 22051 is a great single point mount ,if you can find one.

Agreed. Eagle Firearms in Colorado and MSTN had them in stock last I checked.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:31:25 AM EDT
I have the GG&G Agency adapter. Only takes a couple of minutes to install.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:50:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/2/2005 5:51:49 AM EDT by Yojimbo]
When going hands free, in addition to what Grant mentioned, I rotate my gun to left so the pistol grip is facing to the rear on my left side. This helps lock the gun to your side and will keep it from flopping around as much.

This is another Pat Rogers single point sling technique tip...

Top Top