Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 6/15/2007 5:13:17 PM EDT
have a new DPMS upper with 101/2 " barrell with 5.5" flash suppressor A2 configuration.
I CANNOT sight in this rifle..
is.has there been, was there an issue with the sights??
200 rds today trying to sight in..
'sighted in another ar fine has a 16" barrel also sighted in a buddies 16"
all at 50 an 100 yds
Not this DPMS got to where I was shooting low and hitting high,,readjusted and was off the paper again...
help!!!
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#1]
so was there any kinda of distinct pattern w/ the shots?
ammo used?>

my guess: its your bbl--either you have a bur, muzzle/crown if defunct, or its FUBARed
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 7:11:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/16/2007 2:10:35 AM EDT
[#3]
thanks, going to head out next week and will start again..
as stated it is a NEW upper. doesnt appear to have a burr anywhere and I am NOT that bad a shot..

even have a marksman badge somewhere to prove it.
was flumoxed a bit by it all..
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 8:41:20 PM EDT
[#4]

As suggested more thoroughly above:

Using new factory ammo, shoot 5 shots at 25 yards (with the rear sight set up as Dano details above). It sounds like you've done this before, but aim every shot at exactly the same place on the target. All 5 shots should be within a couple inches of each other, or something is wrong.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top