Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2009 3:05:09 PM EDT
It is supposed to last 8000hrs on setting 1.  Anyone know how long it will last on a useful setting?  Would it be durable enough for use on a duty shotgun, or possibly for 3 gun matches?  I have a H1 aimpoint on my duty AR, but I don't want to drop $500 for another one.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 4:09:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I asked a similar ? a couple months ago and was told they were junk.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 4:22:57 PM EDT
[#2]
You're on ARFcom, if it's not the Aimpoint of the week, then it's junk....

As far as lower end red dots, I can personally recommend the S.P.O.T. as a good cheap optic.

Others here have had good results from the Vortex red dot and in an even lower tier, Primary optics products.  

If you're running this on a shotgun, I'd be more concerned with an optic withstanding the recoil over battery life issues.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 5:05:44 PM EDT
[#3]
It will be primarily used with bean bag rounds which recoil like a 22, but it may also be used as a secondary offset sight on an AR.
It would also need to withstand rare 12 guage rounds.
Link Posted: 12/21/2009 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#4]
There are a couple threads on this subject and the general consensus is that it's cheap, Chinese crap that you shouldn't count your life on. However, as the owner of one that hasn't mounted it to my rifle yet, I can't give you an honest assessment as of yet.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top