Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 2/19/2006 6:40:39 PM EDT
I have a RRA 16" middy I have used for years, ran thousands and thousands of rounds through it.

I recently purchased a new barrel from ADCO and swapped it out.  I have noticed for years that when I eject a loaded bullet it has slighly spiral shaped markings on the bullet.    I never paid to much attention to it because by the time I noticed it I had already ran 2 cases through the barrel with no problems.  Tonight I put a Winchester Ballistic Tip "Silver Tip" in the barrel with it out of the upper  and then extracted it with a flat blade screw driver.  The marks on it look like the bullet is almost completely contacting that lands.  I dont think I have ever fired anything but 55  grn ammo through the barrel.  Could this end up being a problem if I use it in my next build as is?

I checked the new barrel and it does the same thing, maybe its the feed cuts scratchimng it?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:00:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 7:15:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Isnt using the black colored winchester bullets the same as the sharpie marker?  

Since the new barrel is doing the same thing I am pretty sure this is normal?
Link Posted: 2/19/2006 8:53:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 2:06:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Both barrels I currently have do the same thing,   Let me see if I can get some pics of the scratches up here some how I dont have a camera right now so it is going to take a day or two.
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top