Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 10/4/2003 9:14:41 AM EDT
I am debating between these systems. What do the short versions weigh? Which is stronger? Other pros/cons?

thanks
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 10:07:36 AM EDT
I've had both and the short PRI weighs more than the FF RAS if they both don't have any panels on. The FF RAS approaches the weight of the bare PRI when it has panels on but is still lighter. Couldn't tell you which is stronger. The PRI has less cooling ventilation than the FF RAS and less rail length. Both don't have any heat shields IIRC. I've also seen the FF RAS cost less than the PRI.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 10:29:54 AM EDT
KAC FFRAS is lighter fractionally. The 3rd gen PRI locking collar for the FF tube does get in the way of some scope mounts. I prefer the KAC version - but the PRI is not a bad option.
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 1:41:09 PM EDT
I cannot say anything about the PRI forend but I will say the KAC FF RAS is the best forend I've owned. It is solid as a rock and plenty light. Have one installed on a 10.5" upper and I would not want anything else........'cept maybe the URX[:D]
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 8:18:15 AM EDT
thanks for the info guys
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 6:36:28 PM EDT
Take a look at a Daniel Defense forearm too. It lighter than either the KAC or PRI. I have a FF RAS and love it but the barrel nut is a bit heavier. With all the crap hanging off my rifle I am considering a lightweight barreled upper with DD rail system.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 10:40:44 PM EDT
Yes, I have heard good things about the DD forend as well. I had considered it but ended up with the KAC FF mainly due to previous KAC gear experience. Horik
Top Top